Why The Judaeo-Christian God Makes No Sense to Me

Page 10 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
When I came out as transsexual, 2004, San Diego. Almost all the Christians I talked to were totally homophobic

"You make people uncomfortable with the way you dress!"

"You don't care about anyone except yourself!"

:cry:

Those Christians don't care about anyone except themselves.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:47 pm

Retro gamer

Not only that, but some of them act like if someone is not a Christian, someone is not even a person. No rights or emotions

And some Christian adults are not willing to even be friends with someone outside their religion, much less marry them. Even junior high school students have friends outside their religion.

And they hide behind the authority of an entire religion. Whatever they do. They acted like they represented a religion and a species

But not all Christians are like that, all the time

And egocentric, arrogant, judgmental precious lil "people" come from a wide variety of religions

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 12:04 am

Yep. When people say "all of christiandom" to refer to the "civilized" world. They say the rest of the world are savages but they ignore the savage things they do themselves.

They say things like "You're not Christian so God-given morality how can you say that murder is wrong? You have no morality without God. You can get away with anything."

I think getting away with anything applies more to them. Prisons are full of repentant Christians who ask God for forgiveness. But if God can forgive any number of sins than what reason do they have to behave morally? They can murder and maim as much as they please and God will still forgive them.

Instead of asking God to forgive them, they should ask their victims to forgive them. It's not for God to decide.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

Retro gamer

Part of it is that in the united States, Christianity is the dominant religion.

In other countries, Islam is the dominant religion. And they celebrate Ramadan. And businesses close for Muslim holidays

Despite :D separation of church and state :roll: , government offices and private businesses, in the US, tend to observe Christian holidays. Coins say "In God we trust". Says nothing about Buddha, Vishnu, Allah

"Savages"?. Exactly. It reminds me of the song "Savages" in "Pocahontas".

It appalled and disgusted me how many old, academically smart, socially adept, financially productive Christian adults, refused to even socialize with anyone outside their religion. Unless it was to :heart: try :heart: to :skull: convert :skull: them

But. Not all Christians are like that. Many Democratic Christians are more receptive to :D diversity 8O

In Buddhism, there is the "Myth of Separation". "We are not one, but we are not two either"

In the past some Christians have used the Bible to justify racism (Mark of Cain), sexism, homophobia.

But. Not all Christians are like that, all the time

It's :roll: majority versus :oops: minority :cry: