Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 7:46 am

This one viewtopic.php?t=353120 started yesterday- 6 replies.
My one started on 25th- 1 reply.
I guess Grayson Terry is more popular than me. For some reason people don't like replying to my threads.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 8:22 am

He asked "what did you have to do to get to where you are today? "

We can answer that one. And did.

You asked how we can make the UK Government provide more assistance to people who really need it.

I haven't got a clue.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 8:49 am

I wouldn't take it personally, firemonkey, there are all kinds of reasons why some threads get lots of replies and others get fewer.

Particularly in the case of similar topics, what can happen is that, depending on the time zone when the most people are awake and on here, the first thread they see on that topic is the one they will post to. Then if they happen to run across the second thread on a similar question, they feel like they have already discussed that in the other thread.

The other thread, because it has a reply, is bumped to the top -- where others see it first also, and reply. So a pattern gets set up.

It's usually nothing at all do with who the person is who started the thread; I think most people don't even particularly look at that, so much as look at the question being asked and want to have their say, if it resonates with them.

Don't worry too much about it. It's similar to the feeling of being a "threadkiller" --- many people fixate on the feeling that they seem to always be the final one to post in a thread, and that nobody wants to reply after that, so somehow THEY have "killed the thread" and put people off posting!

Where usually what's happened is simply that the discussion has covered all points and is fading naturally.

It's very easy to feel like you caused something to happen or not happen on an internet forum board, but it's mostly not personal at all.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:06 am

I just have this feeling I'm not the sort to be liked or really wanted.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:16 am

firemonkey wrote:
I just have this feeling I'm not the sort to be liked or really wanted.

You're listening to your anxiety , tell it to f**k off , it doesn't have a clue what it's on about.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:27 am

We all get that feeling about ourselves, I think, firemonkey -- I know I do. I don't really feel particularly liked a lot on here either, lol!

But what I do is, I enjoy moments of interaction with the one or two or three people on here who seem to be happy to interact with me and enjoy posting with me, and I with them, and I just carry on contributing whenever I feel I have something to add.

I try not to worry too much if nobody responds, though I know it's easier said than done when it involves feelings of rejection, and I've had those all my life in real life too.

I know it's hard though.