Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

stellars
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2017, 2:25 am

Hello everybody. I'm 22 years old and while I have not been officially diagnosed with autism, I have been psychologically evaluated and was considered to be borderline autistic. While I don't have many problems cognitively (I'm doing well in college) I do have quite a few social issues, mainly that I have a lot of trouble understanding what people are actually feeling or thinking unless they explicitly state it. (And from my experience, people typically don't do that.) I've also noticed that most people talk from more of an emotional perspective, whereas I tend to analyze every situation and break it down into understandable, bite-sized pieces. I do have feelings, but I have a hard time describing them. Anyways, I mainly wanted to join the site so that I could have a place to communicate to people who have the same issues.

I suppose it is also important to add that I have identical twin brothers, who both have autism far more severely than I do.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all. I'm going to read some threads and make some posts.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 5:08 am

Welcome to WP. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 3:27 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

BetterNameToCome
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Sep 2017, 3:31 pm

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you and a lot of what you just said is pretty relatable. My sister is autistic as well just further down the spectrum. She doesn't believe I could be autistic because I was always the one who could face crowds and explained bits of sarcasm to her. Of course a lot of it still went over my head.