Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:15 am

If the earth is a globe, how come it's always represented as a two dimensional disc during the weather report?

Checkmate Globalists!

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:21 am

LOL, my mom, a supposed die-hard protestant, started buying into the flat-earth theory, saying you never know. My dad made fun of her and got mad at her; he was a bit drunk; and he told her to get out of his house and take her ignorance with her. He said so much for her Protestant Reformation, so much for the Renaissance and all that other stuff she supposedly believed in. Thing about my mom is she believes WHATEVER she reads and hears... she's the most gullible person I know. Her opinion is whatever the last person she talked to's opinion is.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 9:04 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Wow! The crazies really are the majority on this forum.

Nobody is supposed to take this thread seriously. I clearly copy pasted the majority of it from that painfully stupid evolution thread and just changed a few words to match the topic.

Clearly satire is lost on this crowd.......
:roll:

Of course, we're Aspies. We tend to take things literally.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
LOL, my mom, a supposed die-hard protestant, started buying into the flat-earth theory, saying you never know. My dad made fun of her and got mad at her; he was a bit drunk; and he told her to get out of his house and take her ignorance with her. He said so much for her Protestant Reformation, so much for the Renaissance and all that other stuff she supposedly believed in. Thing about my mom is she believes WHATEVER she reads and hears... she's the most gullible person I know. Her opinion is whatever the last person she talked to's opinion is.

Tell you mother that Kepler, one of the earliest scientists to conclude that a globular earth revolves around the sun, and is just a tiny part of a vast universe, was himself a German Lutheran of that era.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 9:08 pm

This was interesting, although a bit tame on the 'conspiracy' compared to a lot of what's out there. Sounds like Gordon was suggesting the likelihood though that the flat-Earth bit might have been spear-tipped by shills. I don't know that I share his reasoning why but, it was interesting to hear him talk to someone whose an insider in the conspiracy business.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 5:54 am

You cant get ahead by trafficking in the truth, but you can get a leg up if you spout nonsense.

That's the gist of what he's saying.

Why not? It sure worked for Trump.

I have no reason to doubt his thesis that putting out conspiracy nonsense is the path of least resistance to achieving U-Tube fame.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Thing about my mom is she believes WHATEVER she reads and hears... she's the most gullible person I know. Her opinion is whatever the last person she talked to's opinion is.

Sounds like she could be president...

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:40 pm

It's turtles all the way down!

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/