Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 4:15 am

BearBee wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
To people afraid of hairdressers, just go in tell them what sort of thing you want and they will try and do it as close as they can. I mean you are the customer....

For me, it's not how it looks afterwards that's the problem, it's the actual haircut process. I don't like strangers touching my hair, I can't handle the little sink things to have a wet cut (especially if they wet my face) and the combination of sound and sensation as they cut is awful. Add onto that the smells and noise in the salon and the closest I get to getting a haircut is opening the door and then running away :oops:

That makes sense, however the process does not really bother me at all, it's much better than going to the dentist which I do neglect because I hate it so much. But maybe they could skip the sink part...not sure they have to do that.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 12:11 am

Sometimes I've come across hairdressers who just spray the hair wet with water in a spray bottle, rather than washing the hair first at a sink. These hairdressers are usually cheaper.

I don't get my hair cut as often as I should to maintain the style I have (money, or lack of).

Some family members have accused me of dyeing my hair dark. It used to be quite a light and bright red. Now it's darkened to an auburn/brown. I'm dreading going grey, hope it doesn't happen until I'm in my 50s!

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm

I just got it close cropped again/boy cut.

It was done well this time because she worked with the shape of my head which is awkward and not meant for short hair. Most hairdressers don’t take into account the head shape and shaping the hair to balance out the ‘flaws’

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 11:14 pm

Short hair....feels interesting with the breeze going right next to your ear, when you're used to longer hair. I had dreads but now I got most of my hair buzzed off with just leaving some mohawk hair on top and I have to say I am liking how it feels. No stringy hairs hanging at the back of my neck an interesting sensation when walking through a breeze but not a bad one. If I grow my hair out I at least want a buzz cut underneath so I don't have those obnoxious hanging down hairs when I try to put it up.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2018, 11:38 pm

For me, long all the way.

I haven't even cut mine in 4 years. It's down to my lower back lol. It does get kind of annoying but I like it nonetheless. I have to be careful not to shut it in the door when I get in my car, and all sorts of things like that.