Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 3:47 pm

Ichinin wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
200 miles in a week averages to 28 miles/day. I once walked 19 miles in one day, from Seattle to Factoria to Bellevue. It took me from 7AM to 7PM. Walking 28 miles would probably have been a 24hr event, in other words, no time to sleep in 7 days. 200 miles in one week? I don't know. Seems a little hard to believe.

That's about 44 km. It is up there with the better long distance hikers, but it is not impossible. Extreme walkers can do more. Of course, long distance runners can do more.

Regardless one got to carry a tonne of calories if you have that kind of tempo.

I tend to snack often :D
I saw a food doctor yesterday and he was impressed and said I must be healthy. I was getting checked out because I just wanted to get checked out after last week. I have about 44,000 steps now. I will probably do more. I think part of it is I walk slightly above average speed.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 2:39 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
200 miles in a week averages to 28 miles/day. I once walked 19 miles in one day, from Seattle to Factoria to Bellevue. It took me from 7AM to 7PM. Walking 28 miles would probably have been a 24hr event, in other words, no time to sleep in 7 days. 200 miles in one week? I don't know. Seems a little hard to believe.

That's about 44 km. It is up there with the better long distance hikers, but it is not impossible. Extreme walkers can do more. Of course, long distance runners can do more.

I saw a food doctor yesterday and he was impressed and said I must be healthy. I was getting checked out because I just wanted to get checked out after last week. I have about 44,000 steps now. I will probably do more. I think part of it is I walk slightly above average speed.

What is a "food doctor"? Nutritionist?

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 6:00 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

What is a "food doctor"? Nutritionist?

Sorry meant foot.