Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2017, 11:26 pm

So I'll be 33 in November. Husband and I have lived in our apartment for a year and a half now.

He's doing well at his job. Sadly, employment has not gone well for me. I've had ups and downs in the world of work for years now, I've grown weary at the lack of progress, and I think I'm no longer marketable anymore, so I've been thinking and planning much more lately about having a child next year and being a stay-at-home mom. The current apartment is for two people and not conducive to child-rearing, so spouse and I are also planning to look for a house next year.

I did have a major medical issue in June that caused a massive medical bill. This sucks, but our respective families have agreed to chip in so the beloved and I don't have to go through our entire savings to pay it off.

In the meantime, church has been helpful for me. I also want to be a good wife, so I keep up the apartment while spouse works. He is not theistic (I met him when I wasn't in the faith), but I am, and so I take the submissive housekeeping wife role seriously.

For hobbies, since I'm no longer in the workforce, I had to scale back and stop collecting basketball cards and watching sports on cable (cable was cancelled), but I have lots of free hobbies, still, like posting on here (LOL), reading library books, listening to the music CDs I already own, playing the video games I already own, going to the park with spouse, and so forth.

Just hoping the transition to a house is smooth, and especially preparing to be a mother. I'm a type 1 diabetic, and for many years I thought it would be too dangerous to have a child. I learned from my endo this year that pregnancy is not a scary death sentence for type 1 women. It's also important in my faith for women to have children, so I take it as something from God that life has unfolded in the way it has so I can prepare to finally be a mother now. Seems better than just staying at home, being a housekeeper only, and being unemployable. People look down on stay-at-home wives, but stay-at-home motherhood seems to be the Christian ideal.

Anyway, that's where I'm at now, and where I plan to go from here.

Hope it works out for some good...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:42 am

If you folks can afford it, why not be a stay-at-home mom?

It's probably better for the kid if mommy is around, rather than sent to some day care setting.