is 12 too old to play with legos?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

28 Nov 2017, 11:21 pm

Im an adult that pays his own bills. I wanna play with legos. :)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2017, 11:36 pm

nineinchnailsfan93 wrote:
Im an adult that pays his own bills. I wanna play with legos. :)

Go ahead. I'm adult who pays his own bills and I've got an extensive collection of Lego Technic and some Lego trains.

Aaron Rhodes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2017, 6:35 pm

Somehow I think the OP would get vastly different opinions if her son played with mega blocks instead.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 10:47 pm

Never too old for Legos. Or Erector sets, or knex...
Probably about the right age for model cars, planes, rockets.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

06 Dec 2017, 8:40 am

nineinchnailsfan93 wrote:
Im an adult that pays his own bills.

I read this as "I'm an adult who plays with his own balls" he he he :lol:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Dec 2017, 9:36 pm

Pssh, you're never too old for legos!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 9:41 pm

It's ironic: I don't believe I would have been good at playing with the present-day Legos should I be a kid now. They are too thin and sort of flimsy. I'd probably break some of them.

I sort of like the old-time Legos better.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 1:04 am

If I worried about whether I should outgrow things and discarded them in fear, I would then be wondering why I had tried exchanging them for inadequate and unfulfilling things and wondering when I would be old enough to enjoy them, playing with lego might seem childish to some, but what's childish about it? A lot of things adults do to kill time or fill the void don't seem too bright compared to flinging lego blocks about, unless they are bricklaying or erecting skyscrapers!

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm

I've known many grown men who play with legos. He'll be fine on that account. I think it is best to let children play however it is that they want, as long as they are safe and not being a nuisance to the neighbors or something. Building things, crafts, etc. can help kids become more organized and focused, so if a kid has a meticulous hobby that they can pursue mostly on their own then I think that will benefit them in many ways. I was always making something as a kid, and mostly wanted the grown-ups to butt out, unless I needed help. That's how I remember it at any rate. :)

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 8:51 pm

I put together a Millennium Falcon Lego set this past summer.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 2:42 pm

After I built mine they came out with a new, bigger one for $800 with 5000 pieces! I just saw one at the mall! But, it was fully assembled in a display case and not for sale.

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2018, 8:16 pm

no legos dont really have a prescribted age range not to mentian if this is a special interest of his it helps him destress and focus it helps him rechange plus some austistic kids can get upset when you talk away there at least that's how it was when i was eight and my mom decide to give away my little pet shop set and boy did i have a lot of them because i didn't pla with them all that much anymore because no one wanted to play with me my advice would be just let him play his legos he's not hurting anyone'make sure he never feels inferiorer and help him grow the best you can