Page 4 of 66 [ 1054 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 66  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 10:37 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Great fall-time driving mix, from back in 2000 and I still remember seeing this guy out in PA.

ROFL - I'm listening to this at work again today and wow, even 17 years later, pushing 40, that record transition and drop from 15:35 to 16:00 still sends me headbanging!

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:33 am

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 2:57 pm

These are starting to get loud, I'll be back to deep and chill in a minute...

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:20 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
VIDEODROME:

I was going to mention, just for clarity, drum and bass is a genre (started around 1993/1994). It doesn't have to be 100% overlap so posting off-but-close is fine, just that I wanted to reiterate that just to make sure you knew what the topic was.

Oops. I wasn't sure about the genre.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2017, 5:30 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SnailHail wrote:
While going through my playlist I remembered a song I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. What do you think of it?

I wanted to say they've changed a lot over time, but every time I tried to grab a tune that I thought was there's it ended up being Future Cut. Strange experience. :?

Something by one of my favorite dnb producers and also, on a lot of levels, favorite people in the scene - Goldie (founder of Metalheadz label). I bring this track up mainly on the guitar tangent.

I started looking through other Chase & Status songs, mostly recent ones and it does seem they've changed their style. That Goldie song sounds awesome and so does Angel III. Any album from Goldie you would recommend?

Not sure if this counts as Drum N Bass or UK Garage.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 7:19 pm

SnailHail wrote:
Any album from Goldie you would recommend?

His original from 1994 - Timeless - without a doubt. This is the main chestplate of it (w/ Diane Charlemagne on vocals), Sensual is also a really good tune:

A couple others that I liked recently were his Sine Tempus and, as Rufige Kru (Goldie's other alias) Memoirs of an Aferlife.

The other thing I have to recommend at this point though, I said that it was something like the bible of drum n bass, Metalheadz Platinum Breakz I. A couple excerpts from that:

Wrong cover art above which is kind of a letdown, s/b:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 8:19 pm

Photek / Special Forces spotlight:

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2017, 6:37 pm

I'm loving Dilinja - The Angels Fell and Hidden Agenda - The Flute Tune. If that is what the bible of drum n bass is like than I want to read more of it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 2:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 6:38 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 7:36 pm

Blocks & Escher spotlight:

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 10:52 am

I still listen to some drum and bass. The beat is what makes it so appealing to me. ;)

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 21, 2017)

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2017, 3:11 am

I found another drum & bass trip hop group called Kosheen, they don't sound like Baxter or Etro Anime much but they're still pretty good.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

I was thinking about posting Kosheen as well but I remembered that the version of Hide U I got familiar with was a Decoder and Substance remix.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:32 pm

Matrix, Optical's older brother (ie. Jamie and Matt Quinn respectively):