Page 6 of 66 [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 66  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 9:48 pm

I might have a couple for ya actually but outbound, ie. dnb remixes of trip-hop tracks. The Grooverider remix of Bachelorette is really ill, a lot of the ambient groans show up again later in the background of Where's Jack The Ripper.

Bjork - Bachelorette (Grooverider Jeep Remix) 1997:

Morcheeba - The Sea (Stakka & Skynet Remix) 1998:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:09 pm

John B's jazz trilogy:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm

Really good tune and video, I'm really suspecting it's 140bpm but it's in that range where a dnb artist might fall back to a dubstep tempo but you can barely tell a difference in content or feel.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 9:48 pm

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2017, 2:18 pm

Those are some great trip hop drum n bass remixes. I need to get around to listening to Bjork.

Anyway found a remix of an Anthea song.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2017, 5:27 pm

That Zed Bias song sounds pretty cool. I get some etro anime vibes from it.

I found this song while strolling through the internet but I'm not sure if it counts it has some dnb sounding parts but it also sounds like a bunch of electronic genres mixed in like trance and goa.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 8:03 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 9:46 am

This is one of my favorite ASC tunes. What really gets me, even over and above the mood hook, is the complexity of the rhythms, one-off shots, and just how many odd/oblique turns of phrase it has in it. It's stuff like this that puts these guys (ASC and Consequence) up at the top of my list as producer's producers, similar to how a lot of Stray's work showcases strong novelties and a lot of unique injects.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 9:26 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 10:16 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 10:16 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:26 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:11 am

Some infectious Mediterranean reggae from a Turkish dnb and hip hop producer:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2017, 1:39 pm

I've been listening to a lot of DnB lately especially since it keeps coming up in my youtube recommended and most of it is from artists/labels you posted. I've made DnB my day time music since I've been burnt out on metal lately and prefer to listen to trip hop at night. The skies around where I live are getting foggy and darker sooner so it fits the mood for me. It is also good when I'm doing something I think is too fast paced for trip hop like jogging, driving fast or some of the games I play.

Not sure if this counts as DnB buts its on a Mosaic album and I like it

I like this Stray song though you probably heard it already techstepgenr8tion.

I like the video for this song. It sums up the atmosphere of drum & bass for me.

This song also uses the vocal stab that we've been talking about. I'm impressed with how this guy is able to keep up with the beat of the song. I'd imagine DnB is a hard genre to rap over since a lot of rap is about flow .

Speaking of which all this DnB reminded me of a video game franchise I loved as a kid named Ratchet & Clank. The early PS2 games had a lot of DnB and other electronic inspired music with some funk added to it. Now I feel like downloading an emulator and playing all the PS2 games again. I knew the game was funny but I never knew it was really funny now that I realize all the adult jokes and sexual innuendo that went over my head. I'm sad that the most recent Ratchet & Clank game has a mostly generic movie score soundtrack.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 1:55 pm

I believe Sittles is one of the guys in The Levelz and yeah the guy's incredibly agile on the vocals.