Page 4 of 67 [ 1063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 67  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 10:52 am

I still listen to some drum and bass. The beat is what makes it so appealing to me. ;)

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 21, 2017)

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2017, 3:11 am

I found another drum & bass trip hop group called Kosheen, they don't sound like Baxter or Etro Anime much but they're still pretty good.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

I was thinking about posting Kosheen as well but I remembered that the version of Hide U I got familiar with was a Decoder and Substance remix.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:32 pm

Matrix, Optical's older brother (ie. Jamie and Matt Quinn respectively):

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2017, 7:41 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I was thinking about posting Kosheen as well but I remembered that the version of Hide U I got familiar with was a Decoder and Substance remix.

I prefer the original over that remix, the remix focus too much on the beat and nearly removes all the other sounds which makes the song great in my opinion.

I like Matrix - Mute and Matrix vs Optical - Crossfire though.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:13 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:21 pm

IMHO Instra:mental's apogee tune that really embodied their completed style early in their return (after something like 10 years hiatus):

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 12:52 am

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 2:44 pm

Super-smooth.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 3:19 pm

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2017, 5:06 am

I like Consequence - Attack its gives off a lot of trip hop vibes to me.

Anyway I just discovered Amon Tobin, I'm surprised he hasn't be listed in this thread or the trip hop thread since he seems to be a prominent drum n bass trip hop artist. I've only listened to his first album Bricolage so far and I'm loving it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 8:01 pm

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

SnailHail wrote:
I like Consequence - Attack its gives off a lot of trip hop vibes to me.

Anyway I just discovered Amon Tobin, I'm surprised he hasn't be listed in this thread or the trip hop thread since he seems to be a prominent drum n bass trip hop artist. I've only listened to his first album Bricolage so far and I'm loving it.

I've got a couple strong recommendations in that case.

One group - Roni Size, Krust, Die, and Suv between 1996 and 1999 - Full Cycle, V Records, and particularly Roni Size and Reprazent's New Forms.

Another group - Good looking records. LTJ Bukem, Intense, Hidden Agenda, Wax Doctor, Chameleon, Aquarius, etc.. from 1993 - 1998.

I've already posted some of both of those but the first group has a lot of the really funky and out-there jazz, like your first Amon track, and the second is more deep smooth-jazz.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 8:14 pm

How do you all feel about Ferris Bueller? :P

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 8:28 pm