Page 2 of 66 [ 1054 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 66  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 3:30 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 6:54 pm

My first store-bought cd. Not as epic as Metalheadz Platinum Breakz 1 (ie. essentially the bible of dnb) but still this had some pretty solid names and work along the rolling techstep line.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:49 am

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:02 am

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:05 am

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:12 am

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:14 am

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:16 am

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:21 am

Okay one more. :)

This in particular I think is 'Soulful'.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:29 am

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 8:48 am

Bass at :30

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2017, 10:55 am

I listened to some of your recommendations techstepgenr8tion and I'm really starting to dig DnB more. In fact I've been slowly listening to it more than trip hop lately. I haven't really found any favorite artist though, just a few tracks from every artist I stumble upon. Which reminds me a couple of Japanese electronic artist might be some useful contributions to this sub but I'm not sure if they're drum n bass since even though the songs have DnB like BPMs the style is more trance and other electronic styles in my opinion.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:52 pm

VIDEODROME:

I was going to mention, just for clarity, drum and bass is a genre (started around 1993/1994). It doesn't have to be 100% overlap so posting off-but-close is fine, just that I wanted to reiterate that just to make sure you knew what the topic was.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:55 pm

SnailHail wrote:
Which reminds me a couple of Japanese electronic artist might be some useful contributions to this sub but I'm not sure if they're drum n bass since even though the songs have DnB like BPMs the style is more trance and other electronic styles in my opinion.

What you posted is in there. If you like that you might want to check out UKF's channel on Youtube - it's generally pretty uptempo, and they put out a lot of dnb along these lines:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 7:02 pm

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2017, 9:15 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SnailHail wrote:
Which reminds me a couple of Japanese electronic artist might be some useful contributions to this sub but I'm not sure if they're drum n bass since even though the songs have DnB like BPMs the style is more trance and other electronic styles in my opinion.

What you posted is in there. If you like that you might want to check out UKF's channel on Youtube - it's generally pretty uptempo, and they put out a lot of dnb along these lines:

Thanks, I already know of UKF's channel, I even have a few songs on my playlist from it most of the songs UKF post doesn't really suit my taste so I rarely look at em. But then again that was years ago. While going through my playlist I remembered a song I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. What do you think of it?