Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 9:38 am

soloha wrote:

* Be direct with me. I don't read between the lines well and I don't do subtle
* Please don't make a lot of noise around me
* If you need me to remember something convey it in digital form or make sure I capture it digitally. I'll forget if you just tell me and if you put it on paper I'll lose the paper.
* If you want me to know what you are feeling tell me and if you want to know how I'm feeling ask me. Trust what I tell you over whatever you're reading off my body or face
* I may sometimes seem irrationally upset. It might be disproportionate anger, I may cry for no reason you can discern, or I may just shut down. Please be patient with me. Give me space and a time and I'll be fine.

How about you guys?

Wow what an awesome idea. Hey I know this is an old post but I just found it as I'm new here and I really like this idea! I agree with most of these card ideas but I won't criticize the ones I don't have in common because criticism is one of my things that I can't tolerate. At all. And I would like to add to them if I could:

* Could you please be nice to me and not mean because I get upset very easily and I may cry in front of you
* Please don't criticize me, I do things the way I'm most familiar with because I find a great deal of comfort in routine, not because they might be the most efficient ways
* If children around me start crying around me I will be extremely upset, cover my ears, make noise and I will run away, but don't worry I'll be fine later
* Please don't tell me what to do, I don't know what your intentions really are because I can't interpret social cues
* Please don't insult my taste in music, it's a very personal thing with me and I will block you forever if you do in an attempt to protect my emotional state
* Please don't treat me like a child, I'm an adult and although I may feel and act like a child your childish treatment is very upsetting

That should do for now, the important ones anyways. I could fill a book with ALL of them.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

blast335
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2017, 5:02 pm

Mine would be the same as yours, but with these additions

*If I'm rude, tell me, I don't mean to be.
*If I'm rambling or distracted, tell me, I don't realize I am.
*If I plug my ears, I'm not ignoring you. It's just too loud for me; I can still hear you fine.

I speak on behalf of no-one but myself. For how can I represent anyone else? If someone shares my opinion on a topic, are we now the same person? With the same opinions on all topics? No, of course not.
-Blast335 (me)