Roger Stone predicts/encourages? Civil War if DT impeached.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 2:10 pm

...Ezra...there is a considerable difference between idiots riotinv after an election result they dislike and idiots leadin a violent attack - with lots of guns - against a valid goernment prcedure with the aim of violently stopping it! One is bad, the other con siderably worse.
The lattef is what Stone and Bakker are, um, speculating about. :(

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 2:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Ive always heard it as crystal meth being "hillbilly heroin". Also known as "crack for Crackers".

Hillbilly heroin is Oxycontin and similar opioid drugs, heroin being an opioid and prescription painkillers being widely prescribed in those parts of the country.

Methamphetamine has effects (sorta) similar to cocaine, and can be smoked like freebase cocaine (crack).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 2:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Ive always heard it as crystal meth being "hillbilly heroin". Also known as "crack for Crackers".

Since the left is supposed to be the poor working class, what's the difference? Is it that poor working class for the left is supposed to be something noble, while poor working class for the right is supposed be something despicable? I already know the answer is yes.

Unfortunately some part of the left has become increasingly unconcerned with white working class people* and those people* haven't been blind to the fact. That also might play a role in why lefties who are concerned about economic issues impacting those people* get more support (or at least less hatred) than centrists who only care about social issues that have been labelled as left-wing.

* just to make it clear the same demographic is being described in all references

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
As I recall, Nixon had surrounded himself with paranoiacs like himself, which I have to assume would then include Nixon's former aide, Roger Stone. Who cares what this loon believes?

Folks who would prefer to not have the Trump regime ended by something even worse like civil war? I don't think it's wise to underestimate how many paranoid, mentally far-right lunatics are out there just waiting for an excuse.

Even if they were dangerously numerous, I still have faith that the US military and police could handle a bunch of liquored up yahoos who would be more at risk shooting each other or themselves.

Would they look like these folks? Though they're likely on narcotics they want legalized, rather than liquored up. Who are the yahoos again?

As they're Pro-Trump, I doubt the Anti-Trump people in the video would be supporting Trump. That, and besides being drunk, plenty of them would be on hillbilly heroin, AKA, meth.

What I asked is if the pro-Trump crowd after an impeachment, would resemble the mayhem of the anti-Trump crowd after the election. Parties who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Many certainly threatened to.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Since the left is supposed to be the poor working class, what's the difference? Is it that poor working class for the left is supposed to be something noble, while poor working class for the right is supposed be something despicable? I already know the answer is yes.

Unfortunately some part of the left has become increasingly unconcerned with white working class people* and those people* haven't been blind to the fact. That also might play a role in why lefties who are concerned about economic issues impacting those people* get more support (or at least less hatred) than centrists who only care about social issues that have been labelled as left-wing.

* just to make it clear the same demographic is being described in all references

To be sure, there is a great deal of truth to that. But I can truthfully say, as I was born and raised in a working class family, that when the white working class was still doing well, far too many of their rank-and-file voted for Reagan. That was a thing that had left my dad, a union grievance man (shop steward) flabbergasted. That was the beginning for the white working class' slide from middle class standing. It ultimately was a thing many of them had done to themselve by turning against the political party and ideology that had done so much for them in the first place.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 5:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Hillbilly heroin is Oxycontin and similar opioid drugs, heroin being an opioid and prescription painkillers being widely prescribed in those parts of the country.

Methamphetamine has effects (sorta) similar to cocaine, and can be smoked like freebase cocaine (crack).

Actually that's probably how the jokes go. Have heard OxyContin called "hospital heroin" (because its a relatively new legal drug that's as powerful as the long time illegal street drug heroin). Meth is consumed more like the way crack is consumed (via smoking). And the "crack for crackers" line belongs to one stand up comic. I believe it was Dave Chappelle.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 09 Sep 2017, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 6:38 pm

...I recall first hearing about Oxycontin and " hillbilly heroin " in an article in Spin magazine around the turn of this century :) . I do love saying " the turn of/last century "! !! !! !! !! !!

e="naturalplastic"]

funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Actually that's probably how the jokes goes. Have heard OxyContin called "hospital heroin" (because its a relatively new legal drug that's as powerful as the long time illegal street drug heroin). Meth is consumed more like the way crack is consumed (via smoking). And the "crack for crackers" line belongs to one stand up comic. I believe it was Dave Chappelle.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 11:10 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Actually that's probably how the jokes go. Have heard OxyContin called "hospital heroin" (because its a relatively new legal drug that's as powerful as the long time illegal street drug heroin). Meth is consumed more like the way crack is consumed (via smoking). And the "crack for crackers" line belongs to one stand up comic. I believe it was Dave Chappelle.

It's not really that new (Oxycodone was developed in 1917 in Germany), but prescription guidelines changed and the company that markets it (Purdue Pharma, who've since paid out massive fines for their behaviour) started pushing it really aggressively for people who didn't need it, at higher doses than previously prescribed, and generally without a plan for ending use of it. You can't take opioids regularly and not become addicted.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 11:14 pm

...Ezra, I"ll dtop the iromy/sarcasm(Generally not an Aspie thing? :P ) now. Perhaps your not havimg been alive when Bill Clinton's impeachment happemed gives you some uniquue insight 8) .
When, during the buidup to Bill Clinton's imprachmemt, did Republicans of prominince level equal to Roger Stone and Jim Bakker come out, essemtoally, in favor of an armed revoltlt if Bill got impeached? Especially Bakker
...( Alex Jones reportedly did as well.).........though I suppose a lawyer would try to deny that.

="Kraichgauer"]

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
As I recall, Nixon had surrounded himself with paranoiacs like himself, which I have to assume would then include Nixon's former aide, Roger Stone. Who cares what this loon believes?

Folks who would prefer to not have the Trump regime ended by something even worse like civil war? I don't think it's wise to underestimate how many paranoid, mentally far-right lunatics are out there just waiting for an excuse.

Even if they were dangerously numerous, I still have faith that the US military and police could handle a bunch of liquored up yahoos wh :idea: o would be more at risk shooting each other or themselves.

Would they look like these folks? Though they're likely on narcotics they want legalized, p, I doubt the Anti-Trump people in the video would be supporting Trump. That, and besides being drunk, plenty of them would be on hillbilly heroin, AKA, meth.

What I asked is if the pro-Trump crowd after an impeachment, would resemble the mayhem of the anti-Trump crowd after the election. Parties who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.[/quote]