Disappointed by real person?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 1:45 am

SwimmingHigh wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
There's always a reason why one ends up in a dating site...

1997 called and wants its outdated ideas about online dating back from you please.

Welcome to 2017 where really hot doctors use online dating apps too.

There is literally nothing wrong with the girl in OP's story except that OP wasn't attracted to her. Nothing wrong with that either.
Don't make this out to be a case of either of them being flawed somehow and needing a dating site for that reason. That's ridiculous.
Lots of guys would love a loud confident Japanese speaking girl. I literally know ten off hand who'd love that.

....and the reason why hot doctors (I haven't seen any personally but wtv floats your boats) would use a dating site would be lack of time, see? There's always a logical reason.

I have found plenty of nurses though, and they're there for the same reason.

It is not a coincidence that dating sites are full of 1) Single moms (they're like at least 50% of total female users in dating sites), 2) Women in demanding jobs (ie. nurses), 3) Foreigners seeking for new ppl, 4) prostitutes for obvious reasons and...5) crazies.

and you may have some combinations of the above.

But oh, what REALLY dominate the most of dating sites? Men... lol... dating sites are totally sausage fests; maybe even more than the 1997 - don't believe the sex ratios those sites tell you, they are lying. They are not considering active profiles only.

Dating sites are 90% males, activity wise, at any given time.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 04 Sep 2017, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 1:51 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I think there is a lot of truth to this, my own self included.

Just before I met Mrs. GHF I found I was reading profiles with the eye that there was a very good reason they were a)single and b)on a dating site.

As for the topic at hand, just before I met my wife I was talking to another girl who lived about 2 hours away. We had some great conversations and she seemed like a total sweetheart. Just after I made it official with Mrs GHF, she told me she was in my city. I decided to meet her anyway because she seemed like a nice person and she was as boring as toast (yes, she knew I was no longer interested in a romantic relationship). In short, she had absolutely no personality, no social skills (she lived on a farm and it showed) and was like a fish out of water.

I soon broke off contact for good with her because she was nothing like the awesome person I spoke to on the phone.

Did you meet mrs GHF from online dating? Or did you meet her irl/"the normal way"?

I'm in online dating because it's hard to find guys in my own age range who are single (i mean i guess i might also have a personality flaw that i am unaware of, but i can't account for that at present).

Well, you're a member of a site called Wrong Planet, and you call yourself the weird grrrl. Isn't that obvious?
Same goes for me, the Boo.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 8:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I think there is a lot of truth to this, my own self included.

Just before I met Mrs. GHF I found I was reading profiles with the eye that there was a very good reason they were a)single and b)on a dating site.

As for the topic at hand, just before I met my wife I was talking to another girl who lived about 2 hours away. We had some great conversations and she seemed like a total sweetheart. Just after I made it official with Mrs GHF, she told me she was in my city. I decided to meet her anyway because she seemed like a nice person and she was as boring as toast (yes, she knew I was no longer interested in a romantic relationship). In short, she had absolutely no personality, no social skills (she lived on a farm and it showed) and was like a fish out of water.

I soon broke off contact for good with her because she was nothing like the awesome person I spoke to on the phone.

Did you meet mrs GHF from online dating? Or did you meet her irl/"the normal way"?

I'm in online dating because it's hard to find guys in my own age range who are single (i mean i guess i might also have a personality flaw that i am unaware of, but i can't account for that at present).

Well, you're a member of a site called Wrong Planet, and you call yourself the weird grrrl. Isn't that obvious?
Same goes for me, the Boo.

Well played. Lol.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 11:22 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

I met her on eHarmony. She has revealed she had her eye on me from a Meetup group and even arranged to be at one of my meetups (that I had to cancel the last minute). I was literally done online dating for good but before I closed my account I saw a message from (wife). I said "why not? She at least knows how to use proper spelling and grammar" and the rest is history.

Quote:

I certainly wouldn't tell you not to, just keep in mind there is usually a good reason people on dating sites are single.

The_Face_Of_Boo wrote:
It is not a coincidence that dating sites are full of 1) Single moms (they're like at least 50% of total female users in dating sites), 2) Women in demanding jobs (ie. nurses), 3) Foreigners seeking for new ppl, 4) prostitutes for obvious reasons and...5) crazies.

I found that dating sites are full of world travelers who clearly must be in debt given the crappy jobs and frequent trips they take (do they get 6 weeks vacation a year???). They are looking for a chump... er man to bail..... I mean form a one sided... make that mutual relationship with. I actually started thinking these were fake profiles (since they read almost the same word for word) until I met a couple of them. I also noticed there are an incredible # of nurses and teachers on dating sites (probably 80% of my matches), and all of them were terrible dating material despite being good people in general. It's no coincidence that the few I still see in real life are all still single years later.

Tying this in to the topic at hand, many of those nurses and teachers I met had manners, good spelling, etc online but upon meeting them it was clear they had very one sided views of what a relationship is like. Perhaps dealing with vulnerable people all day long makes it difficult to interact with healthy adults in general?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 12:51 pm

^ Yes, I confirm on nurses and teachers.
They were the best ones though.

And you are right on the world traveller; and I've noticed world nomads too, women who lives in a different country every x years... and I have no idea how they make money and pay their bills!

There was for example that woman who is about my age, moved from UK at young, lived in NYC for studies, went to Turkey and now living in my country to learn Arabic... and planning to move to I dunno where for Phd.

How is she suriving? No idea... but I bet they come from well
off families and just adventuring.

She claimd to work in "public health", but I remember when I texted her during the weekdays' days she said been busy in class studying.

Something didn't add up.

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2017, 3:34 pm

I almost feel like a lot of these women on these sites feel some level of entitlement. Like they may be overweight and not very attractive but they refuse to talk to just anyone because they think they deserve some hottie with a six pack and a six figure job. I actually had one girl with "bbw" listed as her body type tell me she didn't want to talk to me because it might ruin her chance to date a college football player in the future.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 7:13 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:
I almost feel like a lot of these women on these sites feel some level of entitlement. Like they may be overweight and not very attractive but they refuse to talk to just anyone because they think they deserve some hottie with a six pack and a six figure job. I actually had one girl with "bbw" listed as her body type tell me she didn't want to talk to me because it might ruin her chance to date a college football player in the future.

Tell her that you used to play college football :lol:

K4NNW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2017, 10:45 pm

SwimmingHigh wrote:
Don't take it personally, many women are completely inundated with messages and it becomes overwhelming to reply to everyone.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be for hetero men or gay women to find dates online :(

You ain't missing much. It's even harder for trans-attracted men. The dating pool is the size of a raindrop.
I kinda get the 'too busy' part, although it's still difficult for me to fathom that someone would be so busy as to not just send a "Hey, let me get back to you later. I'm really busy now" message as a courtesy.

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2017, 1:41 am

K4NNW wrote:
I kinda get the 'too busy' part, although it's still difficult for me to fathom that someone would be so busy as to not just send a "Hey, let me get back to you later. I'm really busy now" message as a courtesy.

In my experience when you say that you get told you have a sense of entitlement and check your privilege.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 2:41 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:

Most of them are it seems. I really love the ones who shame guys for not dating them cause they're fat in their first half of a paragraph then in the second say they won't date fat guys and only want thin attractive guys with good job. They also tend to work low paying jobs, I even had one who was unemployed. Talk about giant hypocrisy. I'm bit fat, not nearly as fat as a bunch of these women, I accept I'll have to date a similarly big lady even if I lose all my weight I'll still have to date fat women and they get to date thin guys in their head. Why would a thin attractive guy with a good job choose a obese lady over all the young attractive thin women in my town?

K4NNW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2017, 11:57 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:
K4NNW wrote:

In my experience when you say that you get told you have a sense of entitlement and check your privilege.

Wow. I wonder what 'privilege' they mean (I'm guessing it would be talking to said folks).

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:58 am

Yeah. I don't meet internet people any more. It's like a blind date, you really know nothing about them.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 12:28 pm

I try not to let that stuff bother me so much. After all, you can't make the real person look the way you wanted them to.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on October 6, 2017)

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2017, 10:05 pm

I met my first boyfriend online. We met up after a couple of years of chatting, and I was so disappointed when we finally got together. There was no attraction from my end at all, and I kept trying to force it because he WAS very attracted to me. It was more than just looks, too, there was other aspects I felt were unappealing about him that he'd kind of masked a bit online. I stayed for another two years (after he went back, we never met up again) because I felt like I'd be shallow if I left him over that after being invested in each other for so long.