Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

300series
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 8:36 pm

I just spent over an hour typing a lengthy post here on Wrong Planet to another member on here, and when I pushed the "submit" button, rather than posting my story, I was told that I was not logged in; I had to type my user name & password. I just wasted all of that time typing & editing my post, only to have it be deleted! I know for certain that I was logged in to Wrong Planet under my account, and I confirmed right before I started typing. I even saw the words "My Account" at the top of the page before & after I typed my story. I am outraged!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 12:28 am

common familiar problem.

i advise copying your finished post to clipboard before submitting or downloading a browser extension that automatically saves text forms.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
common familiar problem.

i advise copying your finished post to clipboard before submitting or downloading a browser extension that automatically saves text forms.

Could you please explain what you are talking about? I do not know anything about computers.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 1:43 pm

300series wrote:
I just spent over an hour typing a lengthy post here on Wrong Planet to another member on here, and when I pushed the "submit" button, rather than posting my story, I was told that I was not logged in; I had to type my user name & password. I just wasted all of that time typing & editing my post, only to have it be deleted! I know for certain that I was logged in to Wrong Planet under my account, and I confirmed right before I started typing. I even saw the words "My Account" at the top of the page before & after I typed my story. I am outraged!

If you hit the "back" button on your browser, it will typically take you back to your post and you can then try to repost it.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 2:23 pm

You can try the "back" button and sometimes your post will still be there.

Or Kipro's suggestion of copying to clipboard -- this means you highlight all the text you've just typed, and press your keyboard's "CTRL" button and the C key at the same time. This copies that text and holds onto it.

Then if the post doesn't go through, you haven't lost everything you wrote -- try another post and paste your text in by pressing CTRL and the V key this time.

Copy text is CTRL plus C, Paste text (make it appear in a new box or word file) is CTRL plus V.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 2:46 pm

Pressing the "back" button almost always works.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 3:04 pm

There's also the 'Save Draft' facility.....

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:09 pm

300series wrote:

Oh no! That's really annoying. I am sorry about that. That has happened to me as well!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine