Why do Normies always blame men for their lack of dating?

Page 16 of 16 [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 10:31 pm

:

314pe wrote:
Outrider wrote:
How an aspie can work 10 hours a day is beyond me.

People who work 10 hours can't afford such luxuries like gym.

Most people who go to the gym do have full time jobs.

Do you mean price or time?

Gyms are expensive but I'd think a person with a full time job would be MORE likely to afford a gym membership compared to someone who's unemployed or works only part time.

More hours worked = more money, yes?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm

Outrider wrote:

Gyms are expensive but I'd think a person with a full time job would be MORE likely to afford a gym membership compared to someone who's unemployed or works only part time.

There are gyms, and there are gyms. In the US, there's a gym chain that costs $10 a month. There are also boutique gyms that cost about $100 a month. I'm sure Australia gotta be very similar. So "afford" is relative. So I, too, wonder if it refers to price or time. And we haven't even factored in the length of people's workweeks.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:47 pm

Outrider wrote:

I mean time. You were talking about working 10 hours. Not many people working 10 hours per day and 5 days per week will have time for gym.

Financially I agree that not all gyms are expensive. Also work health insurance may cover gym membership for you.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:31 am

Outrider wrote:

Even NTs struggle with it!

For many NTs it takes them an hours drive to get to work, and an hours drive home.

Basically it goes like this:

1. Wake up at 6:30am and clumsily get ready in half an hour despite not being Woken up properly yet.

2. This is part of the reason SOOO many people love coffee - as a wake-me-up.

3. They leave at 7 drive for to Mcds drive thru for breakfast, and get to work at 8:00am.

4. Have another coffee, 10hrs nonstop work with just a 30 min break for lunch and toilet and if you're lucky an extra toilet break or two but be finished as quick as you can!

5. Finish at 5, drive an hour to get home. If you dont have a relationship than you got to cook for yourself which takes 30mins to 2-3hrs for some meals.

So you only make the stuff that takes 30mins or just get fast food all the time.

Anyway so you get home at 6, cook, eat at 6:30, done at 7:00, shower, if you like to exercise? More coffee and a pre-workout energy supplment powder, workout takes an hour. If you don't have a home gym, 30min drive to tje gym and back.

9:00 by the time ypi get home, crash on the couch for a couple hours. You want your 8hrs of sleep, the recommended amount by doctors you gotta be asleep by 10. F*ck that, you stay up to midnight.

But most people are sleep deprived and only get 5hrs a night. 6 if they're lucky.

This is if you're SINGLE and DONT have kids.

Rinse and repeat. Every day Mon-Fri. NO holidays except for public holidays here and there, not even Christmas off. Maybe 5-10 sick days and any more go into your vacation days.

Go out Friday night and Saturday, no energy on Sunday and just want to relax at home.

In the Air Force, working 10 hours a day was pretty typical. In fact, 10 hours was a "short" day.

I still was able to get to the gym and go running.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:05 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Even NTs struggle with it!

For many NTs it takes them an hours drive to get to work, and an hours drive home.

Basically it goes like this:

1. Wake up at 6:30am and clumsily get ready in half an hour despite not being Woken up properly yet.

2. This is part of the reason SOOO many people love coffee - as a wake-me-up.

3. They leave at 7 drive for to Mcds drive thru for breakfast, and get to work at 8:00am.

4. Have another coffee, 10hrs nonstop work with just a 30 min break for lunch and toilet and if you're lucky an extra toilet break or two but be finished as quick as you can!

5. Finish at 5, drive an hour to get home. If you dont have a relationship than you got to cook for yourself which takes 30mins to 2-3hrs for some meals.

So you only make the stuff that takes 30mins or just get fast food all the time.

Anyway so you get home at 6, cook, eat at 6:30, done at 7:00, shower, if you like to exercise? More coffee and a pre-workout energy supplment powder, workout takes an hour. If you don't have a home gym, 30min drive to tje gym and back.

9:00 by the time ypi get home, crash on the couch for a couple hours. You want your 8hrs of sleep, the recommended amount by doctors you gotta be asleep by 10. F*ck that, you stay up to midnight.

But most people are sleep deprived and only get 5hrs a night. 6 if they're lucky.

This is if you're SINGLE and DONT have kids.

Rinse and repeat. Every day Mon-Fri. NO holidays except for public holidays here and there, not even Christmas off. Maybe 5-10 sick days and any more go into your vacation days.

Go out Friday night and Saturday, no energy on Sunday and just want to relax at home.

In the Air Force, working 10 hours a day was pretty typical. In fact, 10 hours was a "short" day.

I still was able to get to the gym and go running.

I agree its achievable.

Most people have jobs. Most fit people have jobs.

Plenty of fit women had kids..

Hell I've spoken to bodybuilders online who work very random and disorganized "zero hour" shifts so they can get called in at any time and they still made decent results.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:29 pm

314pe wrote:
Outrider wrote:

At $400+ for most gyms, they usually he only ones who can afford gyms.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2017, 3:12 pm

You don't need gym to be fit. Bicycle, walk, jog, run, buy a set of weights but there's plenty of home workout out there.
P90X or Beach Body trainings will make you fit at home. I can vouch for that!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:57 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:
You don't need gym to be fit. Bicycle, walk, jog, run, buy a set of weights but there's plenty of home workout out there.
P90X or Beach Body trainings will make you fit at home. I can vouch for that!

Others maybe
I have no room in my tiny room to work out and I'm too anxious to walk in public.
I can do hour on treadmill at gym though

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 7:49 pm

sly279 wrote:
314pe wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Okay, when we bought this place [AutHaven, the community, not just the retreat,the place, it is finally happening] we had no water and very limited funds for about 3 months. Luckily, being in the mountains, we have an outhouse in the back.And the next town over has a 24 Hour Fitness. $10 a month! Access to all work out equipment and free classes.Free t-shirt! And showers, beautiful, wonderful showers!PLUS free pizza once a month!

You do NOT have to spend $400 a month, only $10

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 9:13 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
sly279 wrote:
314pe wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Okay, when we bought this place [AutHaven, the community, not just the retreat,the place, it is finally happening] we had no water and very limited funds for about 3 months. Luckily, being in the mountains, we have an outhouse in the back.And the next town over has a 24 Hour Fitness. $10 a month! Access to all work out equipment and free classes.Free t-shirt! And showers, beautiful, wonderful showers!PLUS free pizza once a month!

You do NOT have to spend $400 a month, only $10

Planetfitness? Sounds like it. That's the one I joined, they came here few months ago, the next cheapest gym is $30 a month. The one in the mall next to my work would been 250 a yeah and has a pool.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:47 am

...Did you just rate people out of 10? It's probably a good start to figuring out why you're single. :skull: