Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 4:24 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
THIS
GAME
LOOKS
SO
INCREDIBLE

That it does. I've been excited for this game ever since the initial reveal - I believe it was at least year's E3.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 4:41 am

I've never seen this before. I love the animation on display.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 8:04 pm

Wow, this looks great. I love stuff like this.

Glad I saw it here, because with Steam's store being the worst thing ever, I'd have completely missed it otherwise when it came out. Steam says release is in three weeks. No clue on the console versions.

They keep going on about the difficulty in this video, but it doesnt actually look particularly high... moreso the person playing just keeps crashing into things that they really shouldnt be. Something tells me this might end up being a bit like how Dark Souls is perceived: said by fans to be "super hardcore", but isnt ACTUALLY that hard. Challenging, sure, but not as much as they say.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 5:46 am

Misery wrote:
No clue on the console versions.

Far as I know, it's going to be an exclusive on the Xbox One alongside the PC version.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 11:43 pm

Well it utterly destroyed this person.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 8:01 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Well it utterly destroyed this person.

That bit has been stirring up all sorts of lunacy already.

The guy is a "games journalist" who has apparently been doing it for 21 freaking years. 21 *YEARS*. And he cant even get past the freaking tutorial screen for a simple 2D platformer. Followed up by getting utterly wrecked in an obviously easy section of the actual game.

I saw at one point when someone called him out on this, his response was basically a childish "Well I'd like to see YOU do it!" which.... says alot of things really.

Now alot of people are starting to question the validity of alot of "professional" reviews, thinking that many journalists are likely hired JUST because of their writing skill, without really having much gaming skill. And the thing about that is: If you cant get far enough into a game, you're not in a position to review it properly. There's been so many wonky reviews in recent years and now this incident is getting people all fired up about it. There's already been tons of videos about this now.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 12:07 am

Reminds me a bit of Mickey Mania (obviously different gameplay though), another game that utterly destroys me =|

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 8:11 pm

The animation and style is pretty awesome, but the gameplay doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before and better. There's definitely room in the market for this sort of game now though. The 16-bit era was chock full of really good sidescrolling shooters like Metal Slug, Contra and my personal favourite, Gunstar Heroes, but there's not many of these types of games nowadays.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 10:56 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
The animation and style is pretty awesome, but the gameplay doesn't look like anything we haven't seen before and better. There's definitely room in the market for this sort of game now though. The 16-bit era was chock full of really good sidescrolling shooters like Metal Slug, Contra and my personal favourite, Gunstar Heroes, but there's not many of these types of games nowadays.

Keep in mind that there's also not exactly been a whole lot of this game shown off at this point. It's also supposedly a game that has a very heavy focus on boss fights (I think Gunstar did this too) and they havent shown that many of those either.