Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 10:25 pm

I Was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome when i was 14 which changed to ASD Level 1 when i was 18.

- I dont have many friends and do not understand body language, i used to bite and kick people until i was told it was annoying and rude. my verbal abilities are normal. i cannot make eye contact and have a hard time communicating when im stressed.

- I am very very obsessed with Sonic The Hedgehog. I do not like change and it usually causes Meltdowns.

- I am hyper Sensitive Sound, Sight and Vestibular (balance) but undersensitive taste, smell, proprioception and touch (still hate it when people touch me because its uncomfortable emotionally). I dont stim often but when i do i enjoy pacing, chewing, head banging, Deep pressure therapy . I have headphones and sunglasses to cope in public and can NOT attend places like clubs, bars, and even some bowling allies.

- I have a hard time keeping my self and my house clean and usually i have some outside help to remind me to clean and help with tasks with multiple steps.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

htfu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2017, 5:33 am

been autistic my whole life, only very recently had a formal diagnosis. never knew any other version of me other than this one ... always wondered about the difference between me and pretty much everyone else.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 10:59 am

autism1022 wrote:
do you have autism i have autism and many other special needs

Ditto.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 12:11 pm

Yes, I was diagnosed at age three.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:44 pm

I definitely have autism...the strength of symptoms with multiple disabilites as well.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

I was diagnosed at 12 or 13. But my first symptom was when I couldn't make certain sounds other kids didn't have issues with. The yuh and sh sounds were always the trickiest. I'm telling you, it wouldn't have been a problem if I grew up with Spanish! Parents nowadays, am I right? It's present in me and probably takes a few minutes to notice. Although my biggest symptom is pacing and that can be confused with ADHD.

AutumnWind
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Sep 2017, 2:09 pm

Yes I have autism I am under the autism spectrum I wouldn't say I have 100% all of the traits but I do have a lot of them .

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

Hard to say for sure. While yes I do have some symptoms, they're not usually very noticeable, unless you look really closely.

- Yes, I have a lot of difficulty making friends, and I don't understand body language especially well. Same goes with tone of voice though I will usually figure that out after a while. Talking is very easy, but making eye contact? That only works at significant range.

-No I don't have any obsessions that I would know of. I like hurricanes, extreme weather, railroading, travel, chemistry, sailing, and much much more. Does it count as an obsession if it's that diversified?

- No I never melt down ever.

- Sensory processing issues? Hard to say. Light doesn't bother me (possibly because protanopia tends to make things darker anyways), but my night vision is excellent. I've terrible depth perception and mediocre coordination. Loud noises used to be a problem years ago but not so much anymore. My sense of smell is very poor.

-I don't stim. Might have a few tics though, especially under pressure.

If you want any more information please look at my signature.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 7:28 pm

I'm autistic a bit, but there's nothing wrong any more with autistic traits than with "normal" traits so I don't get why we get so stigmatized.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 8:01 pm

So basically if you develop symptoms at a later than very young age, that would have satisfied the criteria for autism if present earlier, you are not autistic even though you have autistic symptoms?
What diagnosis would a person be given if this was the case?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 8:55 pm

firemonkey wrote:
So basically if you develop symptoms at a later than very young age, that would have satisfied the criteria for autism if present earlier, you are not autistic even though you have autistic symptoms?

PDD-NOS ?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 9:12 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

PDD-NOS ?

I just looked at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervasive ... _specified . It's no longer a DSM dx but is an ICD10 DX. However if the forthcoming ICD11 aligns with the DSM 5 it will probably disappear from the ICD too.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 9:31 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I am a literal and rigid thinker , I have sensory issues , fussy eater , auditory processing issues , social anxiety , echolalia , I have special interests which I could happily spend all day doing without eating or drinking , and have depression , I also think I have ocd and possibly a personality disorder ( OCPD ? ) - I think all of this can look like ASD but is not without evidence from childhood. What do I know :roll:

I don't have a personality disorder/OCPD or depression, however, I do have all of the other symptoms/diagnosis listed, here, and I have an ASD diagnosis. I, also have a couple learning disabilities, of which are not listed here. One of which is classified as a sub-type of sensory processing integration/disorder. I also have several types of synesthesia, eidetic memory, absolute pitch and some additional symptoms that may or may not be connected with ASD.

*In regard to C2V's initial answer, I am the same. My symptoms have become, progressively, pronounced. And, particularly, after a traumatic event I experienced.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 8:47 am

firemonkey wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

PDD-NOS ?

I just looked at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervasive ... _specified . It's no longer a DSM dx but is an ICD10 DX. However if the forthcoming ICD11 aligns with the DSM 5 it will probably disappear from the ICD too.

After a quick google it threw up this , PDD-NOS now comes under the ASD umbrella but there is a new criteria which is more thorough and strict compared to the old criteria. For example, more symptoms are needed to meet criteria within the area of fixated interests and repetitive behaviors. Other changes to the criteria include a reorganization. Currently, the domains for Autistic Disorder include impairments in Communication, Social Interaction, and Restricted Interests and Repetitive Behaviors. In the new DSM edition, the Communication and Social Interaction domains will be combined into one, titled “Social/Communication Deficits.” Additionally, the requirement of a delay in language development is no longer necessary for a diagnosis.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 9:07 am

Britte wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
I am a literal and rigid thinker , I have sensory issues , fussy eater , auditory processing issues , social anxiety , echolalia , I have special interests which I could happily spend all day doing without eating or drinking , and have depression , I also think I have ocd and possibly a personality disorder ( OCPD ? ) - I think all of this can look like ASD but is not without evidence from childhood. What do I know :roll:

I don't have a personality disorder/OCPD or depression, however, I do have all of the other symptoms/diagnosis listed, here, and I have an ASD diagnosis. I, also have a couple learning disabilities, of which are not listed here. One of which is classified as a sub-type of sensory processing integration/disorder. I also have several types of synesthesia, eidetic memory, absolute pitch and some additional symptoms that may or may not be connected with ASD.

*In regard to C2V's initial answer, I am the same. My symptoms have become, progressively, pronounced. And, particularly, after a traumatic event I experienced.

Thanks Britte , If I do have ASD it's really difficult to to say how much of an impact ASD has had on my life because the traits I am aware of don't seem that bad compared to others here ( or I've had a long time to accept and live with them ). The only impact would be if my co-morbids are a result of ASD. I think I just have issues and some traits that are similar to ASD.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 1:18 am

I was informed by somebody who has been exploring the condition since before I was born that I was autistic after I had pursued a meeting with them which came to fruition from several hard years of thought into the matter, so I suppose I do even if it's regularly uncomfortable to accept as truth.