Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

autism1022
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2017, 8:22 pm

was your bedroom cool as a kid mine was it was scooby doo or winnie the pooh and i loved it

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Sep 2017, 11:01 pm

It was a basic bedroom with a desk that i never used & a TV

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 11:37 pm

i never had my own bedroom. :(

my current nonbedroom, i'd say it's pretty cool though. it's full of art and flags and doodads but i'm afraid it's getting a little small to comfortably hold them all now.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 9:12 am

I had a typical feminine bedroom: pink walls and all things cat-related.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 12:52 pm

Not at all and it isn't to this day.

I've never really been the type if person to want to spend time in my room to be honest.

As a kid I was in and out of foster/children's homes and so I never really had a room of my own.

Bedroom are literally for crashing in for me so it's just a mattress on the floor and a clothes rail.

I've never been into all that fussy stuff. It just isn't me.x

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:27 pm

My early childhood bedroom was not only really small but I had to share it with my brother! We moved to a much bigger house when I was around 11, and I got my own room, which was also a lot bigger. And a lot cooler, too. We repainted it a girly pink color with generic flowered wallpaper, but I had all kinds of stuffed animals and posters of Garfield and other cartoon characters all over the walls, and I kept one wall just for displaying my hand-drawn pictures.

My parents kept my room the way it was when I moved out so I could sleep there when I came for visits, but then they turned it into their computer room. At least my apartment bedroom now is decorated the way I like it. :)

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:16 pm

My bedroom is cool now. You should see it, it would simply astound you!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:41 am

I'd say my room is pretty average. Nice but average. There are some interesting items on shelves that I've collected.

Last edited by EzraS on 19 Sep 2017, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:42 am

I thought you would have posters of all your favorite video-game characters.....I'm actually surprised you don't have an average teen-ager's room.

My room totally sucked. I didn't care about the typical things that teens cared about. I liked rock-n-roll and all that---but I wasn't a particular fan of any group.

I liked girls---but not really any particular movie star or whatever.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I thought you would have posters of all your favorite video-game characters.....I'm actually surprised you don't have an average teen-ager's room.

Well I'm not an average teenager now am I? :P I mainly only play Lord of the Rings Online. My favorite characters are the ones I created. I suppose I could have some screen shots turned into posters :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:51 am

What would happen if you actually did that, and hung them on your wall?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
What would happen if you actually did that, and hung them on your wall?

There would be poster sized pictures of my characters on the wall is all I can think of.

It's too bad I can't decorate it like my house in Middle Earth with the mounted heads of monsters I've slain.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:20 am

I shared a bedroom with my mother till I was 11, so I didn't really get a chance to customise it. I did draw Where's Wally and Gladiators stuff on the walls though :P

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:40 am

My goodness...I thought you meant temperature. My room was always about 65 degrees. Otherwise, I couldn't sleep. :D The nutjob tenants before us has fuzzy pink(mild pink) carpet on the floors, walls and ceilings. I felt as though I was still in the womb or in the middle of a big roll of pink candy floss. It was fun for about 3 months, then I begged to have it torn down and painted a nice, neutral tan and put up posters - Rolling Stones, Kiss, Tom Petty, etc...All the classic rockers.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 6:59 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
My goodness...I thought you meant temperature. My room was always about 65 degrees. Otherwise, I couldn't sleep. :D The nutjob tenants before us has fuzzy pink(mild pink) carpet on the floors, walls and ceilings. I felt as though I was still in the womb or in the middle of a big roll of pink candy floss. It was fun for about 3 months, then I begged to have it torn down and painted a nice, neutral tan and put up posters - Rolling Stones, Kiss, Tom Petty, etc...All the classic rockers.

I love Kiss!

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:17 pm

I was into pink when I was a little girl. I had a pink floral bed quilt that I loved, and I chose pink wallpaper when my dad offered to re-do my room which used to be my brother's room.

Then when I was 14 I repainted my walls in a darker pink, with sky blue ceiling and alcoves. Odd combination but for some reason I wanted it. I did my own painting, up a ladder. With a broken ankle and a huge old fashioned plaster cast on it. I had been knocked over by a car. But nothing stopped me when I had a project.

I've done a lot of my own "DIY" learned from my dad. I was good at it. My dad let me paint half the house interior later -- in the family's choice, not mine, lol, though I gave some neutral artistic input. No pink and blue --white bannisters and nice neutral tones.