Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:17 pm

I was into pink when I was a little girl. I had a pink floral bed quilt that I loved, and I chose pink wallpaper when my dad offered to re-do my room which used to be my brother's room.

Then when I was 14 I repainted my walls in a darker pink, with sky blue ceiling and alcoves. Odd combination but for some reason I wanted it. I did my own painting, up a ladder. With a broken ankle and a huge old fashioned plaster cast on it. I had been knocked over by a car. But nothing stopped me when I had a project.

I've done a lot of my own "DIY" learned from my dad. I was good at it. My dad let me paint half the house interior later -- in the family's choice, not mine, lol, though I gave some neutral artistic input. No pink and blue --white bannisters and nice neutral tones.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Sep 2017, 12:22 am

I never cared about typical kid or teen things besides watching TV & playing video-games as a kid & teen, playing with toys as a kid, & listening to music as a teen. I'm too practical to ever have cared about decorating my room but my girlfriend suggested hanging some of my knives/blades & similar type things on my walls. We hung a couple but I have a lot more that might get hung at some point. We sleep in her room but the smaller bedroom has my comp in it & my personal stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2017, 3:47 am

I didn't have my own room until I was 12. Before that, I shared it with one of my sisters (I went between sharing it with my sister and my parents).

I always liked my room, but I didn't really get to decide how anything looked. When I got my own room, it was bright pink and I was happy with it. :)

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:44 am

I don't spend much time in my bedroom now except for sleeping, being that I have my own apartment and all, but before that my bedroom was about the only place where I could really be myself, where I felt safe from the world and had privacy... except for all the times my brother would barge into it just to play his guitar, put on his socks, and criticize whatever I was watching on my TV. Of course, if I entered *his* room without so much as knocking first, he'd have flayed me alive. :roll:

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:02 pm

I always had large rooms, but it was always minimalist and looked like a clean hotel room.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm

I'd say my own bedroom is kind of a testament to how old my family's house really is (built during the late 1930's and WWII year). It has dormers, wood-paneled walls, and a long L-shaped counter/desk with a lot of drawers/cabinets. My whole house is pretty heavy with built-in storage and cabinets. Me and my sister's room both have regular closets and storage cubbyhole spaces under the dormers. My bedroom is slightly smaller than my sister's.