My mind is pushing me towards giving up

Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:52 am

I've got one of the basic ones near me. £14.99 a month with free classes. I like going. Gives me something to do.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:06 am

hurtloam wrote:
I've got one of the basic ones near me. £14.99 a month with free classes. I like going. Gives me something to do.

Mines a basic one but I don't have any gym clothes or shoes. I wear combat boots, cargo pants and a t shirt. Not really good for walking for hour or treadmill. I don't like going. Their wifi sucks and my late magically doesn't work inside there. Over downloaded Netflix videos and have to pay $10 a month to pandora to have offline music. I'd rather be home playing video games. I dont know last few weeks with my friend before he goes to boot camp, then I'll have to figure out how t go daily. It'll take 3 weeks for shoes and gym bag to come after I order them, but I need to find somewh rento try shoes on first since after I order there's no returning them.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:43 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Mines a basic one but I don't have any gym clothes or shoes. I wear combat boots, cargo pants and a t shirt. Not really good for walking for hour or treadmill. I don't like going. Their wifi sucks and my late magically doesn't work inside there. Over downloaded Netflix videos and have to pay $10 a month to pandora to have offline music. I'd rather be home playing video games. I dont know last few weeks with my friend before he goes to boot camp, then I'll have to figure out how t go daily. It'll take 3 weeks for shoes and gym bag to come after I order them, but I need to find somewh rento try shoes on first since after I order there's no returning them.

Maybe you can get some cheap sneakers off eBay, not 2nd hand, but you get folk selling stuff thats new and never been worn.

A whole hour on the treadmill would bore men. I do 20 min then A bit of bike then the row machine then the crosstrainer.

I've been doing Zumba classes too. There's a guy who goes to my class.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:49 am

hurtloam wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Some of us just aren't meant to have somebody.

I hate to say it, but i think this is true. I'm actually beginning to accept that I am one of those people.

I just can't do this aspect of life. I don't have the skills or disposition. It's not that I don't want to make more effort. People tell me just to practice and it will come naturally to talk to guys, but I'm not enjoying it.

I don't like the stress of it, the constantly feeling I have to do this or that to be more attractive. The feeling of not being good enough when it turns out the guy isn't interested.

It's demoralizing and makes me feel bad.

I don't want to play this game anymore. I just want to be myself and get on with my life.

Love is not for me.

It's kind of a catch-22. You just talk to potential prospects as normal people, get to know them and don't worry so much about potentially dating them, and before you know it they've run off with somebody else. But if you focus on trying to woo them early on, you get nervous, things get awkward, you can seem desperate, and you can end up going to far before you realize you don't even like the person.

Finding somebody who is compatible, attracted to you, and spends more than a month or so at a time being single is really hard. And that's just for getting into a relationship, never mind maintaining one.

I guess us aspies are always going to struggle with this sort of thing.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 3:52 am

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Maybe you can get some cheap sneakers off eBay, not 2nd hand, but you get folk selling stuff thats new and never been worn.

A whole hour on the treadmill would bore men. I do 20 min then A bit of bike then the row machine then the crosstrainer.

Treadmills are really, really boring. You can make the exact same exercise so much more interesting by simply going outside and actually walking somewhere.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:47 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Treadmills are really, really boring. You can make the exact same exercise so much more interesting by simply going outside and actually walking somewhere.

Walking won't get your cardio up, anyway. Not enough to be meaningful or useful. And if you're running and you don't keep the right posture, you'll kill your knees.

Do elliptical instead. The smooth motion and zero impact will save your knees. Plus, get one that will monitor your heart rate. That way you can find out how much you can handle and start setting goals. On a good day I can push my heart rate into the 170s and not feel death closing in. I've also increased my speed to the point I'm normally reaching my goal almost 5 minutes earlier than when I first started.

When I hit the outdoor track after an indoor workout, I do a slow mile and finish up with a swim (just 10 laps right now). In the afternoons, I'll go back with my running buddy. We just finished Week 6 using the C25K app, which I highly recommend. We've run road races before using the app to train, but we decided to start over after dealing with foot and knee injuries, plus in 2 weeks we start training for 10k by using the C210K app, which is only a 6 week program.

The C2xK apps are designed specifically for sedentary people. You alternate walking and jogging and slowly increase your jog time. What I have found is by the time we do long runs (week 5), it'a actually MORE difficult doing a run-walk than it is to just do all running and get it over with. We also started training in afternoons to add heat conditioning to our workouts. Lots of water. By the end of the day, you're already tired, too, so add extreme heat and humidity to the side and abdominal cramps! We've adapted to it, and you will, too. We used to train early mornings before sunrise. MUCH easier. It's just easy isn't helping us anymore.

My point in bringing all of that up is getting outside and off the treadmill will ease the boredom, but more importantly is setting goals. If you have an objective when you START working out, that will also go a long way to keeping it interesting.

Music... I've found that running with a large group on race day is not good with music. But if I'm indoors on the arc trainer or I'm outside running my 5k pace, I listen to Goa/psytrance. It's the drones plus the fast, pulsating rhythm that helps me keep my heart rate up and my breathing under control. For cool-downs and slow walks, I like downtempo lounge, chillout, or anything Ibiza-inspired. DI.fm has the absolute BEST electronic music selection. Sadly, I've had to give them up due to so many problems with dropouts. Now I use TuneIn Radio. I like their Goa Trance Alternate and Ibiza Beats stations. Data usage is fairly low with DI and TuneIn. Both are free. TuneIn has fewer annoying ads, although DI more than made up for it in quality. Makes me sad that they got so unreliable.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:48 am

Trance FTW.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:37 pm

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

I get discounts so I'm getting a 80-100 dollar sneaker for $40 :) but 3 week shipping and no returns if wrong size and can't sell them either.

I watch a movie or show while I walk. I dont know about those other crazy machines yet. They have a stair machine thetbwomen seem to use a lot.

What's zumba
You like said guy?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:39 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Some of us just aren't meant to have somebody.

I hate to say it, but i think this is true. I'm actually beginning to accept that I am one of those people.

I just can't do this aspect of life. I don't have the skills or disposition. It's not that I don't want to make more effort. People tell me just to practice and it will come naturally to talk to guys, but I'm not enjoying it.

I don't like the stress of it, the constantly feeling I have to do this or that to be more attractive. The feeling of not being good enough when it turns out the guy isn't interested.

It's demoralizing and makes me feel bad.

I don't want to play this game anymore. I just want to be myself and get on with my life.

Love is not for me.

It's kind of a catch-22. You just talk to potential prospects as normal people, get to know them and don't worry so much about potentially dating them, and before you know it they've run off with somebody else. But if you focus on trying to woo them early on, you get nervous, things get awkward, you can seem desperate, and you can end up going to far before you realize you don't even like the person.

Finding somebody who is compatible, attracted to you, and spends more than a month or so at a time being single is really hard. And that's just for getting into a relationship, never mind maintaining one.

I guess us aspies are always going to struggle with this sort of thing.

Indeed it seems like a lot of women and therefore men too I guess hardly go a week single before they find a new bf. Few but still a lot go a day or so before they jumped into another. Wish it was that easy for me

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:42 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Unless I have someone to talk to no it's boring and makes me super anxious and when your done with your hour now you have an hour walk home . Oh and no bathrooms

Treadmill I can go, put on a movie while I walk to distract me, I have access to bathroom and filter water source. It's a/c so it's comfortable too. I don't feel as anxious cause it's what the gym is for vs walking by someone's million dollar house 3-4 times in an hour which is highly suspicious. It's also safer.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:57 pm

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

I get discounts so I'm getting a 80-100 dollar sneaker for $40 :) but 3 week shipping and no returns if wrong size and can't sell them either.

I watch a movie or show while I walk. I dont know about those other crazy machines yet. They have a stair machine thetbwomen seem to use a lot.

What's zumba
You like said guy?

Zumba is fun. It like dance and exercise combined. I think the guy is gay. I'm just saying that guys can do Zumba too and no one cares. Though it may appeal more to gay guys.

We had a male instructor one week. Though I think he should have had a bit more underwear support. O_o He was a damn good dancer. I don't got those moves.