Why can't God return his protection to the world?

Page 4 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm

You can't be saved by works and deeds.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm

Why did you turn your back on Jesus? At what point?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 6:53 pm

Nay wrote:

Who was talking about being saved.

Are you a bot or just unable to comprehend what you read?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm

Nay wrote:
Why did you turn your back on Jesus? At what point?

Your Jesus? The day I looked at some of his his policies and found them immoral.

Substitutionary atonement and his no divorce policy which is anti-love and would force women and men to stay in loveless or abusive relationships.

Do you agree with Jesus on those two immoral tenets?

If not, make your apology, if you can even think that much.

Regards
DL

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 7:15 pm

Nay wrote:
If you choose jesus you don't have to worry about hell. If you reject jesus your rejecting His father as well.

I thought, if you rejected only Jesus, but not his father, you're Jewish ...?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 7:21 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Nay wrote:
If you choose jesus you don't have to worry about hell. If you reject jesus your rejecting His father as well.

I thought, if you rejected only Jesus, but not his father, you're Jewish ...?

I would assume one would need to embrace the basic tenets of one of the sects of Judaism in order to be Jewish. Image

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:49 pm

EzraS wrote:
If God prevented something really bad from happening to the world, how would we know, since it never happened?

Was thinking along those lines too.

One could argue that either (a) god never protects the world, or (b) that he always protects the world. But I don't see how one could argue that he WAS protecting the world up to some point in recent history, and then withdrew his protection.

The fact that we get the steady stream of catastrophes that we have always gotten (like a Mexican earthquake, and three hurricanes in the Atlantic) is evidence that he never protects us.

But on their other hand there could be even worse cosmic doo-doo we would be in if he weren't protecting us from worse stuff than the run of the mill catastrophes we know about- stuff that we don't know about. But we don't know about that even worse stuff precisely because it never happens because he protects us from it. And one could even argue that there is some new recent evidence of this. For example: we are overdue for the eruption of the Yellowstone Super Volcano that will be comparable to the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs. Were talking global cataclysm. And who knows? Maybe God is staving off that for our benefit.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:08 am

K_Kelly wrote:
...God has abandoned his protection of America and the rest of the world. I am frustrated by it and I think it's horrible petty that because we all collectively turned against him, he won't protect all of us. I'm getting angry feelings about God, because I believe he exists, but I don't desire the system he set up, when he could've had made things less corrupted. Really, the stuff that was great about America 50-60 years and back, growing up back then is my literal vision of what I want to see in Heaven sometimes.

I think I'm going to be sick. This tripe is utterly nauseating. "America" isn't God's special tribe, and 50-60 years ago you still had problems (you know, like the lynching of blacks, discrimination in general, electroconvulsive "therapy" for those who had autism, the misapplication of psychiatry in general, the secret experiments conducted by your government upon "undesirables", forced sterilisation... gee, I could go all day typing this s**t out).

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:12 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
Nay wrote:

Regards
DL

Are you always this rude? Seriously, whenever I see something written by you it just overflows with anger. Maybe you should take a break from the computer and just see the sunshine for once. It might actually help.

Last edited by Lintar on 12 Sep 2017, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:14 am

GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Nay has nothing to apologise for. Go suck a lemon.

Regards

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2017, 1:20 am

K_Kelly wrote:
Why can't God return his protection to the world? Even if I don't always subscribe to conservative ideas, I have low confidence with doubting that God has abandoned his protection of America and the rest of the world. I am frustrated by it and I think it's horrible petty that because we all collectively turned against him, he won't protect all of us. I'm getting angry feelings about God, because I believe he exists, but I don't desire the system he set up, when he could've had made things less corrupted. Really, the stuff that was great about America 50-60 years and back, growing up back then is my literal vision of what I want to see in Heaven sometimes.

I'm sorry for my whine, anger. I maybe didn't write as much as I wanted to post, but I am agitated because nobody I seen post or heard from anywhere shares the same concern or outlook as I do. The conservatives on one side are brainwashed in telling sensitive people that they need to "accept" God's ways, and the atheists on the other side of the spectrum are kind of snarky too, or don't get it because they don't believe he exists at all.

At the same time, I hate having to fixate on these issues.

EASILY ANSWERED BY A POPULAR TV SHOW!! !

"Believe me, I was hands-on -- real hands-on for, wow, ages. I was so sure if I kept stepping in, teaching, punishing, that these beautiful creatures that I created... would grow up. But it only stayed the same. And I saw that I needed to step away, and let my baby find its way." ”
— God to Sam and Dean
in All in the Family

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 9:18 am

Lintar wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Nay wrote:

Regards
DL

Are you always this rude? Seriously, whenever I see something written by you it just overflows with anger. Maybe you should take a break from the computer and just see the sunshine for once. It might actually help.

Our friend is more of a bot than a thinking person. All she puts is dog s**t dogma instead of anything intelligent.

You go ahead and reward that idiocy. I will not.

You and all of us would be better served if you gave her posting advise instead of telling me to reward idiocy with anything but scorn.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 9:26 am

Lintar wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Nay has nothing to apologise for. Go suck a lemon.

Regards

Better still learn what English words mean.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apology

plural apologies
1 a :an admission of error or discourtesy accompanied by an expression of regret ·a public apology
b apologies plural :an expression of regret for not being able to do something ·I won't be able to attend. Please give them my apologies.

2 a :something that is said or written to defend something that other people criticize :defense ·The book is an apology for capitalism.

b :excuse 2a
3 informal :a poor substitute or example :makeshift ·He's a poor apology for a father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_apologetics

Christian apologetics (Greek: ἀπολογία, "verbal defence, speech in defence")[1] is a field of Christian theology that aims to present historical, reasoned, and evidential bases for Christianity, defending it against objections.

Regards
DL

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Sep 2017, 2:23 pm

You seem to be lacking in the best aspect of Christianity, namely love / compassion. I don't agree with all the respondents either but they have the right to their freedom of speech - within the limits of the rules. Your comments are very close to being a personal attack.

You can't call people names just because some of them don't agree with you and then apply your regular sig "regards". That's not the way to win disciples to your cause.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2017, 4:51 pm

How was the lemon DL?

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

Im just kidding, it was funny though i have to admit. But its true, you are very angry and i want to know why so please tell me??