Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

221B
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2017, 3:22 pm

hi. i get attack-like sudden moods that include intense uneasiness and a feeling of loneliness. do you get these too?
i have 2 internet friends but i dont want to complain to them about this (i have already done enough of that). i sometimes talk to my mother but it doesnt work either. these "attacks" keep coming back.
i have housemates but i dont feel close to them and i dont trust them. so i cant be friends with them.
this thing, not being connected and this uneasiness keeps coming back. im tired of it.

ManaLDN
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2017, 10:37 am

Hello. I have the same problem as you. All my friends live away, and those that live close are distant to me.

All I can say is that I'm also looking for a solution, so I probably didn't help, but at least you know you are not alone.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2017, 6:40 pm

You guys need Jesus he's the best thing that will ever happen to you. Talk to Him, tell Him.

Kind regards, Nay.

madrigala
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Sep 2017, 9:55 am

221B wrote:
hi. i get attack-like sudden moods that include intense uneasiness and a feeling of loneliness. do you get these too?
i have 2 internet friends but i dont want to complain to them about this (i have already done enough of that). i sometimes talk to my mother but it doesnt work either. these "attacks" keep coming back.
i have housemates but i dont feel close to them and i dont trust them. so i cant be friends with them.
this thing, not being connected and this uneasiness keeps coming back. im tired of it.

Can you describe the attacks in a little more detail? The uneasiness and loneliness sound almost paradoxical, by which I mean to say that they are two different energetic states. Uneasiness is characterised by the instinct to flee or fight while loneliness has an almost anaesthetic quality.
It would be useful to have a sort of phenomenology of the content of these attacks because much of the pain of such episodes is how overwhelming and confusing they are.

riss01
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2017, 3:50 am

I have episodes of uneasiness and loneliness. I think that the uneasiness comes from the feelings of loneliness: I have difficulty making and keeping friends (typical, eh?) and when I think of the future all I see is unending loneliness and boredom. This picture of the future frightens me and causes the uneasiness. The feelings come in waves and, I think, they are related to having more stress than usual but, they don't happen frequently (thank goodness). I have also noticed that it is exacerbated by ill health -when I am unwell these feelings happen more often but when I am unwell I also become depressed and that may be causing my underlying feelings to surface as my body concentrates on defeating yet another chest infection.

Sounds dreadful doesn't it - it's not all bad, a lot of the time I can see a future vision that is great and achievable even when sixty years old! I know a lot of people will be turned off by what I am about to say but, here goes: as I have aged I have found my faith a great comfort to me.

Carpe diem.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:01 am

Yeah me too. I'm worse when I'm ill as well.

It helps if I force myself to go and do something I enjoy. Sometimes you can't make the loneliness go away, but you can distract yourself with something positive.

If I'm not well something simple like a jigsaw helps or if I'm feeling fit I'll go for a walk. I've discovered this lovely lake 10 minutes drive from my house.

Lizbeth Ann
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jan 2018, 5:14 pm

221B wrote:

Yes, it comes with the territory of having autism. The isolation feeling comes and goes. Its a hunger pain of wanting to be known by others. I think its one of our basic need the need to belong.

TooAutistic2BCool
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2018, 6:37 pm

I feel like this right now. I spent the better part of the last 2 years trying to make friends and this was after spending my childhood friendless. My life has unraveled as friends/acquaintances are moving and i know I won't be able to stay in touch with them.
Everyone i know is getting married or having kids and leaving the area... i dont know what to do.

chortler
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2018, 3:20 am

Yes. 'Hunger pain' describes it almost exactly. It's a deep ache in the chest that never truly goes away. It's worse when thinking about failed attempts at friendships/relationships so I try to distract myself when it gets really bad.