Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

GraysonTerry19
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2017, 4:03 pm

Hello everyone, I don't know if this would be appropriate to have this type of discussion for TV/film related subject but here's a random question out of curiosity & I apologize if it's really weird.

Whenever you watch your favorite show or movie on TV or online, is their one or more replicas/props from a show/movie you wish you could own or make but feel like it'd be impossible to get or what?

For anyone who doesn't understand long story short there's a certain replica/prop from a show I like & I would love to get my hands on it, but I'd say it's impossible. Plus I don't see very many websites talking about this certain prop.

Again I apologize if this is a weird post, but surely there's other people that would like to own certain replicas/props from a show/movie. Thank you for reading & have a good day.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm

There's a guy called Adam Savage (used to do a show called Mythbusters) who has a long history of movie props (used to be his job) and now Mythbusters is over he seems back involved with it. He has a YouTube channel called "Tested" that covers this topic as well as other things. He mentions a lot of prop making companies so you might learn a few you didn't know about, and if you're handy he also does lots of videos about making props too.

GraysonTerry19
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2017, 4:46 pm

Chichikov wrote:
There's a guy called Adam Savage (used to do a show called Mythbusters) who has a long history of movie props (used to be his job) and now Mythbusters is over he seems back involved with it. He has a YouTube channel called "Tested" that covers this topic as well as other things. He mentions a lot of prop making companies so you might learn a few you didn't know about, and if you're handy he also does lots of videos about making props too.

That's actually really dope, don't know if it'll help but I might check out Adam's channel now...thanks.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 10:29 am

I have an exact copy of the staff of RA headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 11:25 am

A forum named RPF, Replica Prop Forum, might be of interest. I'm not on it but on other hobby forums have encountered several people who are.
https://www.therpf.com/

Quote:
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Costumes & Props • General
Replica Props

Show and discuss your replica props from movies, tv shows,
comic books, and video games.

Need Help with Rocketeer...
propmaster2000
, 2 Minutes Ago
Replica Costumes

Show and discuss your work-in-progress replica costumes and cosplay
from movies, tv shows, comic books, and video games.

What costumes are you...
rickhoward
, 31 Minutes Ago
Production Made Costumes and Props

Show and discuss your authentic props and wardrobe
used in the production of movies and tv shows.
Sponsored by the Prop Store of London

Original Robby the Robot...
Stairstars
, 5 Hours Ago
Sculpture and Makeup Effects

Show and discuss your busts, masks, prosthetics and other FX.

V5 1:1 YODA head...
Cyberman
, 1 Hour Ago

GraysonTerry19
Raven
Raven

05 Sep 2017, 2:10 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
A forum named RPF, Replica Prop Forum, might be of interest. I'm not on it but on other hobby forums have encountered several people who are.
https://www.therpf.com/
Quote:
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Costumes & Props • General
Replica Props

Show and discuss your replica props from movies, tv shows,
comic books, and video games.

Need Help with Rocketeer...
propmaster2000
, 2 Minutes Ago
Replica Costumes

Show and discuss your work-in-progress replica costumes and cosplay
from movies, tv shows, comic books, and video games.

What costumes are you...
rickhoward
, 31 Minutes Ago
Production Made Costumes and Props

Show and discuss your authentic props and wardrobe
used in the production of movies and tv shows.
Sponsored by the Prop Store of London

Original Robby the Robot...
Stairstars
, 5 Hours Ago
Sculpture and Makeup Effects

Show and discuss your busts, masks, prosthetics and other FX.

V5 1:1 YODA head...
Cyberman
, 1 Hour Ago

Oh wow I didn't know that website existed
.....thank you. So just out of curiosity are people allowed to make requests for getting replica/prop or costume from www.therpf.com or no?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 2:43 pm

GraysonTerry19 wrote:
Oh wow I didn't know that website existed
.....thank you. So just out of curiosity are people allowed to make requests for getting replica/prop or costume from http://www.therpf.com or no?
Welcome :D That is something they will have to answer themselves since I'm not a member of the site, I just know it exists.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 2:27 am

GraysonTerry19 wrote:
Hello everyone, I don't know if this would be appropriate to have this type of discussion for TV/film related subject but here's a random question out of curiosity & I apologize if it's really weird.

Whenever you watch your favorite show or movie on TV or online, is their one or more replicas/props from a show/movie you wish you could own or make but feel like it'd be impossible to get or what?

For anyone who doesn't understand long story short there's a certain replica/prop from a show I like & I would love to get my hands on it, but I'd say it's impossible. Plus I don't see very many websites talking about this certain prop.

Again I apologize if this is a weird post, but surely there's other people that would like to own certain replicas/props from a show/movie. Thank you for reading & have a good day.

Oops I somehow didn't get the question. I got my prop on Ebay. There are thousands of props for sale there.

I'm curious about what you're looking for.

GraysonTerry19
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2017, 8:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
GraysonTerry19 wrote:

Oops I somehow didn't get the question. I got my prop on Ebay. There are thousands of props for sale there.

That's okay, no offense but I'd rather not say specifically what replica/prop I'm looking for because it would probably be weird. All I can say is its a book from a show I'm trying to find, now yes ebay may have thousands of replicas & props of all kinds but not a whole lot (at least not from my point of view). I actually did go on ebay to find what I'm looking for but had no luck.

I like your replica of the staff of RA headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark you have btw. Did you get it from eBay?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 4:34 am

GraysonTerry19 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
GraysonTerry19 wrote:

That's okay, no offense but I'd rather not say specifically what replica/prop I'm looking for because it would probably be weird. All I can say is its a book from a show I'm trying to find, now yes ebay may have thousands of replicas & props of all kinds but not a whole lot (at least not from my point of view). I actually did go on ebay to find what I'm looking for but had no luck.

I like your replica of the staff of RA headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark you have btw. Did you get it from eBay?

Yes from Ebay. Most stuff I have looked for I have found there. But it's the kind of stuff that's in high demand like Jon Snow's sword. I think a book prop would be more obscure, since it's not the sort of thing to come out of a mold. I found some book props on Etsy such as the Necronomicon, the NeverEnding Story book, the book from The Ninth Gate etc. But wow they're expensive. Happy hunting.

GraysonTerry19
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2017, 8:56 pm

EzraS wrote:
GraysonTerry19 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
GraysonTerry19 wrote:

Yes from Ebay. Most stuff I have looked for I have found there. But it's the kind of stuff that's in high demand like Jon Snow's sword. I think a book prop would be more obscure, since it's not the sort of thing to come out of a mold. I found some book props on Etsy such as the Necronomicon, the NeverEnding Story book, the book from The Ninth Gate etc. But wow they're expensive. Happy hunting.

You're probably right...finding a book prop (at least a certain one not everyone talks about) would probably be obscure & hard to find, I kinda didn't think about searching it on Etsy but Etsy is a website that sells handcrafted items. I don't know about Etsy that sells props/replicas (or at least if your allowed to make requests for a handmade prop/replica from someone) but maybe that suggestion you made will do...thanks.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Sep 2017, 10:00 pm

I have some replica Latinum which is Ferangie currency on Star Trek. I have all the different units of it. They were made from molds of the props. I found em on eBay. I also have a replica bat'leth which is the main Klingon weapon from Star Trek. I also have a replica Klingon dagger & I got em both on eBay.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition