Nobel Peace Prize winner allows troops to behead children

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:08 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Its also worth noting that while no one should doubt the ongoing massacre, people often use the specific crime you mentioned as a blood libel. No media are allowed in.

Yes, a number of regimes have used the original Ottoman tactic conducted on Armenians - The Nazis killing Jews in concentration camps, Japanese killing Chinese in Nanking, Hutus killng Tutsis in Rwanda, Indonesians and Malaysians killing ethnic Chinese, Pakistanis killing Bangladeshis (looks like the Bengalis have been unlucky here) and Sinhalese in Sri lanka killing ethnic Tamils.

All of them (and probably others I haven't mentioned) use the strategy of restricting access to journalists who might have cameras revealing evidence of what really happened. Without evidence they can make up any story they like and (like the Sri Lankan Sinhalese of recent times) even get support from the US and Australia to blame the victims for causing the war

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:38 am

True, but both sides have that ability. Russian news recently accused Ukrainian troops of bayoneting Russian babies. Kuwait accused Iraqi troops of ripping babies from incubators in hospitals. Racists still accuse Jews of drinking the blood of gentile babies. People often make such accusations, but they rarely have a basis in fact.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 4:57 pm

In the case of the Rohingya and other groups like Tamils its the number of desperate families with children in sinking boats escaping their homeland that's usually a fairly good indicator

Australia is currently playing games going along with the narrative from despots that these people are all economic migrants

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 5:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
I assumed this was about Obama and ISIS.

Obama's style is to rain fire from the sky, via drone, not decapitation. And it's ISIS who were his usual recipients of having fire rained from the sky on them.

Uh no, it was mostly innocent civilians, some even US civilians. He supported ISIS in Syria and Libya.

Actually, most of the people Obama supported in Syria tended to be Pro-Iran, not ISIS. Obama rained fire on Assad's and ISIS forces.

That's pure nonsense. Obama was supporting the 'moderate rebels' that were trying to remove Assad and who hate Iran. That's why ISIS were driving around in US sponsored Toyota trucks via the "non-lethal aid package". Iran, Russia and Hezbollah came in to fight the US's 'rebels'.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 5:43 pm

A Toyota Hilux can often survive anything short of a hit from a tank. Terrorists use them because all their other trucks break. The idea of the US needing to buy trucks for ISIS makes no sense, given the far simpler explanation of truck Darwinianinsm. A Hilux modified to fit appropriate tires and extra fuel was driven to the North Pole, ffs. Top Gear also tried to kill one every which way, including placing it atop a large tower block while the building was demolished, and failed.

Always drive the Toyota pickup into the apocalypse. Nissans are also good.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 6:53 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Obama's style is to rain fire from the sky, via drone, not decapitation. And it's ISIS who were his usual recipients of having fire rained from the sky on them.

Uh no, it was mostly innocent civilians, some even US civilians. He supported ISIS in Syria and Libya.

Actually, most of the people Obama supported in Syria tended to be Pro-Iran, not ISIS. Obama rained fire on Assad's and ISIS forces.

That's pure nonsense. Obama was supporting the 'moderate rebels' that were trying to remove Assad and who hate Iran. That's why ISIS were driving around in US sponsored Toyota trucks via the "non-lethal aid package". Iran, Russia and Hezbollah came in to fight the US's 'rebels'.

Last time I looked, Toyota was a Japanese, not American, company.
And while mistakes had probably been made searching for moderate Anti-Assad rebels, but the fact remains, American and American sponsored forces have been killing ISIS. Don't believe everything out of Trump's mouth.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 6:55 pm

If DJT has any relevance here, it's that Myanmar need not worry about criticism from him.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 2:20 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
If DJT has any relevance here, it's that Myanmar need not worry about criticism from him.

Trump probably thinks the country is full of cats

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:06 am

Trueno wrote:
Funny how people change once they get their arse on the seat of power. Been going on ever since arses were invented, though.

She doesn't have any seat of power. Best as I can tell she has no power at all. The military lets her out of house arrest, as long as she doesn't say any thing bad about them

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Trump probably thinks the country is full of cats

Muslims will suffice.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:27 am

0regonGuy wrote:
Trueno wrote:
Funny how people change once they get their arse on the seat of power. Been going on ever since arses were invented, though.

She doesn't have any seat of power. Best as I can tell she has no power at all. The military lets her out of house arrest, as long as she doesn't say any thing bad about them

Well, she did get elected PM, sort of. She has a bully pulpit.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 11:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

And while mistakes had probably been made searching for moderate Anti-Assad rebels, but the fact remains, American and American sponsored forces have been killing ISIS. Don't believe everything out of Trump's mouth.

They were made in America and given by America. They weren't 'mistakes' and there were no 'moderate rebels'. They killed some ISIS but were fighting Assad too who was fighting ISIS. The US wanted to support groups that are part of Al Qaeda and they did. Obama tried to get troops to fight with them against Assad. I didn't get it from Trump, it came out of leaked emails and peace activists who actually went to the fighting zones. The mainstream media didn't go near it and were getting most of their info from the 'rebels' and from a guy in his basement in Coventry in the UK.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 6:58 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

They were made in America and given by America. They weren't 'mistakes' and there were no 'moderate rebels'. They killed some ISIS but were fighting Assad too who was fighting ISIS. The US wanted to support groups that are part of Al Qaeda and they did. Obama tried to get troops to fight with them against Assad. I didn't get it from Trump, it came out of leaked emails and peace activists who actually went to the fighting zones. The mainstream media didn't go near it and were getting most of their info from the 'rebels' and from a guy in his basement in Coventry in the UK.

Even if that's the case, the whole situation is such a cluster f*ck that it's impossible to pick good guys from bad guys, because almost everyone are bad guys. The best one can hope for is choosing the bad from the worse.
And seriously, I can't conceive of Obama - or any American President - purposely aiding monsters like ISIS.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And seriously, I can't conceive of Obama - or any American President - purposely aiding monsters like ISIS.

A rather tired and worn conservative right wing tactic to smear Obama's reputation with fabricated conspiracy theories peddled by the likes of Bannon's Brietbart news.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 1:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

A rather tired and worn conservative right wing tactic to smear Obama's reputation with fabricated conspiracy theories peddled by the likes of Bannon's Brietbart news.

Unfortunately, too many right wing Americans believe it's true. They're doubtlessly the same people who say: "I don't like Nazis, but..."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 1:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Unfortunately, too many right wing Americans believe it's true. They're doubtlessly the same people who say: "I don't like Nazis, but..."

Those on the right will invoke Voltaire and constitutional freedom of speech to justify allowing Nazis to walk around saying how much they want to kill "untermenschen"