Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DreamsWhatDreams
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Sep 2017, 9:05 pm

Hello there.

I'm not new to this website at all, infact it pretty much defined my very early teen years and was a very useful form of support for me back then; afterwards I ended up joining the old facebook group before it was shut down and I pretty much left the site for a while. Now at 23 (joined the site at 12 years old) I'm finding social media groups difficult places to meet people, and I'm finding it hard to meet like minded people or talk about my difficulties. So, I've instead opted to come back here. I'd tell you all my old username, but unfortunately I posted my full name and quite a bit of personal (nothing bad, mostly just extremely cringy) information, as the landscape and my overall trust of the internet was extremely different back then.

Now what about me as a person? I guess I always had difficulty with these sorts of posts. Even as a person with ASD, I'm a little bit strange. I don't really outwardly come across as autistic to people (I've had the "but you don't seem autistic" line so many times it makes me want to vomit) but that's because I put on a sort of oddball party head eccentric arty guy sort of persona. I tend to get on with people, but most of my friendships feel about as deep as a puddle. I rarely get past the "oh? yeah, he's cool" level with others and that's something I've noticed. I'm usually just seen as the weird guy who likes music and drinks/inebriates himself a bit too much. I have many mental health difficulties, most of which are undiagnosed, and some I've never gotten the chance to get help for, out of my own insecurity or because of life circumstances. I'm very good at seeming "normal" in the vague acceptable to society way on the outside, and that causes more problems for me as it means I exaust myself constantly (and that's something alot of people pick up on eventually.)

I'm not really sure what else to say, or how I'd share my interests with you guys, I'm not used to talking about myself as I struggle to maintain interests like I used to. Anyways, I hope I can connect with others my age or older who are a bit wiser or have struggled with the emotional impacts of having to mask this condition for a long period of time in order to fit in. It's nice meeting you all again.

-Dreams

lasting for a very short time. See also, life.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2017, 2:46 pm

Welcome back

BBC: Radio 4

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 3:23 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :D