Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 2:42 pm

....as a restaurant assistant in a supermarket. I cannot fathom how I will cope as I have formal diagnoses of autism and inattentive ADHD, and I truly suck at remembering anything anyone has said to me.

I will be serving customers - something I have never done before - preparing food, clearing tables and cleaning up in the kitchen area. It's difficult to comprehend why I was offered the job, especially as I divulged to my interviewer that I am on the autism spectrum.

I strongly suspect my dopiness and propensity to daydream will make me nothing short of a liability. :oops:

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2017, 10:45 pm

Would this be your first job? I was fired from my first job because I was having a hard time focusing on the tasks I was supposed to do, but I'm still glad I had the work. I learned a lot about employment and what it takes to keep a job.
I've been fired from other work since then, but I am currently meaningfully employed, and really liking what I do!

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 4:12 am

Unfortunately I turned down the position in the end. :(