Is Romance just for young people?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2017, 7:30 am

Do you think this is true? Part of me wants to say yes. Men love young women because they bare us healthy children, and so many "grown" men are in a state of frozen adolescence because we never felt appreciated by young females of prime child bearing age and peak beauty. We're just a vessel of trying to feed or ego's and get what we want or what we missed out on and caused us hurt when young (14-30).

Older women 30+/40+ "doll" themselves up and do anything to look younger. Billions is spent on pharmaceuticals to make us look younger/more youthful. People never really wish to age. It all makes sense. This guy is good, look for his vids.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 8:33 am

I know a WWII veteran who is really good at charming women. If he lives to 100 he will still have a girlfriend.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 12:56 pm

I don't think so. It's true that guys mostly prefer young girls, but they still have to compromise on their desires. So, no, romance is not just for young people.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 4:22 pm

How old are you sometime world?

Do you know anyone over 35?

I think you'll find that older people still do and enjoy romantic things.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 5:36 pm

Romantic fun is only for young people yes.
People over 30 just want to be serious, buy houses, build careers, have kids, etc.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 5:40 pm

I'm 56, and still as foolish as I was at 16 :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 5:45 pm

I think "Romance" is reversely correlated with the IQ during lifetime, which is probably bell-curved...

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:44 pm

The dude in the video is correlating romance with a mating dance.

He's not taking into consideration the fact that people enjoy romance and do it for fun. Yes most people do that.

Aspies can find it a bit false and like a game you play to get a mate. But I'll give you an example. A friend of mine, who had married young and divorced, met the love of her life at 40. It's silly to say that they have no romance because they are too old. They care enjoying their romance. They aren't doing it because they want kids.

I know someone else who met her first husband at 60. Are you saying they have no romance?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 11:18 pm

While younger bodies are basically programmed to seek out a mate, you never outgrow the ability to enjoy the sensation of having a connection to someone. But you may settle in with a partner, decrease the frequency, and limit things to home.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 11:41 pm

A dance acquaintance, how is about my age (50+), looks just like a teenager in love. Yes, you can literally see that she is infatuated.

solo
Raven
Raven

08 Sep 2017, 12:06 am

I will start off by admitting that I did not watch the vid because I am in the room with other people and didn't want them to overhear what was being said lol.

But what I think is being talked about I will comment on.

I do feel that romance is at least diminished drastically as you get older (this is not the case for some). I am not someone who is loved or wanted so this may be warped thinking on my part. In my head I feel that when you are young, love is new, exciting, more appreciated and wanted, but as you get older it becomes more of a vehicle to get stability and possessions. Unfortunately I missed out on my youth by being scared and still am to this day and more than likely will die with horrible regret, but I want the love and excitement of youth. I want romance and to fulfill someone's life and be their rock, but I think that later in in life after most are paired up, that it becomes desperation, but like mentioned above, there are those pushing 100 that are still as romantic as being 18 and that is awesome. In my head I also view this as a generational thing. Today is all about technology and possessions that nobody knows how to talk to one another or treat others right and feelings are being lost.....

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 1:12 am

When did we as a society adapt the mentality that there are age limits for certain things?

It's nonsense. An elderly person has the same right to be romantic as a young adult. Why should it be perceived as "uncommon" at any level if a 60-year-old man buys flowers for his wife? It's exactly the same as a 20-year-old man buying flowers for a woman he just met, albeit with minor differences. Either way, we should stop drawing these imaginary lines when it comes to love - it's beautiful in all of its forms.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 2:03 pm

Sometime World wrote:
Is Romance just for young people?

Nope. I had a brief relationship, a few years ago----and, it was just as "neat" and fun, at 50-something, as it was at 20-something.

Romance is for anyone, at any age, who wants it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 12:15 am

hurtloam wrote:

He's not taking into consideration the fact that people enjoy romance and do it for fun. Yes most people do that.

Aspies can find it a bit false and like a game you play to get a mate. But I'll give you an example. A friend of mine, who had married young and divorced, met the love of her life at 40. It's silly to say that they have no romance because they are too old. They care enjoying their romance. They aren't doing it because they want kids.

I know someone else who met her first husband at 60. Are you saying they have no romance?

They never had a earlier relationship. People who have constant relationships throughout life grow tired of it same as people in a relationship slowly have sex less and less and it becomes less of s thrill and more of s chore. So yeah two people in their 60s who never had a relationship could still be romantic. That guy who's on relationship 20 probably not so much.

I dont know how they did it though I'm less romantic and hopeful then I was 2 years ago.
I use to like romance and want to be romantic but I've come to see it as a lie.
People in relationships generally be less and less romantic it's hard to keep topping your last romantic thing. Hard to keep coming up with new poetry and such

That's the problem see at 30 I want want people in their 16-24 wanted and had. While lady's in there 30/40s already had their fill of thatnstuff and want more serious stuff.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 12:30 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

They never had a earlier relationship. People who have constant relationships throughout life grow tired of it same as people in a relationship slowly have sex less and less and it becomes less of s thrill and more of s chore. So yeah two people in their 60s who never had a relationship could still be romantic. That guy who's on relationship 20 probably not so much.

I dont know how they did it though I'm less romantic and hopeful then I was 2 years ago.
I use to like romance and want to be romantic but I've come to see it as a lie.
People in relationships generally be less and less romantic it's hard to keep topping your last romantic thing. Hard to keep coming up with new poetry and such

That's the problem see at 30 I want want people in their 16-24 wanted and had. While lady's in there 30/40s already had their fill of thatnstuff and want more serious stuff.

That's not my impression of it. Having a crush is just as exciting at 50 as when you are a teenager, and there are girls in their 30s that still want romance. I think the major factor is that most people 30+ are in relationships, and so are not supposed to experience romance or crushes, because having that with a partner you've been with for many years doesn't work (or at least, is not as exciting as with somebody new).

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 12:38 am

The romance never dies. :D