How do guys signal interest?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2017, 10:07 am

I saw the other topic, how do girls signal interest, and I thought why not have the same about guys?
NTs and NDs too.
Guys, help us out here. :) :heart:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:27 am

Good question.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 11:21 am

Let us not reveal our secrets guys! Unite!

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2017, 11:34 am

The Face of Boo, this is not fair! :) You guys want to know how girls signal interest, why can't we know the "secrets"? :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 12:03 pm

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2017, 12:40 pm

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 12:48 pm

It's pretty easy to summarize: It's everything that feminism has either already managed to make illegal, and things they want to make socially inappropriate or illegal. It's up to you to guess what that is. :mrgreen:

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 1:53 pm

rdos wrote:
It's pretty easy to summarize: It's everything that feminism has either already managed to make illegal, and things they want to make socially inappropriate or illegal. It's up to you to guess what that is. :mrgreen:

This sounds terrifying lol

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 3:09 pm

Rds is partially right. Nt guys use to do stuff that feminism now says is wrong. Like kissing a woman, touching her etc. they also just walk up and ask the woman out.

Me I'm more along women's way of showing interest. I do quick glances or spshort stares. I show interest by trying to sway hi every time I see them, always trying to talk to them, doing nice things for them.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 5:19 pm

Everybody has their own style in this regard, so searching for "traditional" signals can be difficult and unreliable.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 5:33 pm

The typical guy usually express his interest in this way:
1- He chickens to speak to her.
2- He checks her Fb at midnight, ...and then fap.
3- He sleeps feeling like a big idiot loser.
4- Repeat.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 9:22 pm

It's as simple as asking if he likes you.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 1:53 am

sly279 wrote:
Rdos is partially right. Nt guys use to do stuff that feminism now says is wrong. Like kissing a woman, touching her etc. they also just walk up and ask the woman out.

Me I'm more along women's way of showing interest. I do quick glances or spshort stares. I show interest by trying to sway hi every time I see them, always trying to talk to them, doing nice things for them.

Yes, that is kind of where our culture has brought us. It's assumed that guys can magically sense if a girl is interested, and girls basically have no means at all to know if a guy is interested (unless he breaks cultural taboos), so she doesn't know if she should flirt with him or not to attract his interest. Our culture has completely misunderstood what "courtship" is. It is not something you do when you already have "asked out". It's something you do to judge potential interest.

Then we have a growing sexual industry that is profiting on what should have been solved with natural courtship instead of generating money for the industry. Not to mention all the dating sites that typically are biased with excerpts of natural courtship, but that doesn't work online anyway.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 2:01 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Everybody has their own style in this regard, so searching for "traditional" signals can be difficult and unreliable.

Not at all. Courtship is species-typical and highly consistent. It has to be to work between individuals that don't know each other. So, the claim that humans have individual signals makes no sense at all. The truth rather is that our culture has tabooed everything even remotely related to courtship, and then has recommended some cultural scripts that only works (for NTs) because of side-effects.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 2:07 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
rdos wrote:

This sounds terrifying lol

Why terrifying?

I think a safe bet is that if a guy does ANYTHING sexual in relation to you, that is a sure signal that he is interested. Could be anything from fapping to catcalling, touching or even making indirect or implied references to sex. That's because, for most guys, sex is a central issue. Some girls seem to be pretty good at exploiting this too.

But then, of course, this has been tabooed, so we are left with him asking you out (NTs) or quick glances (NDs), which are not as effective as real courtship, and so often causes things getting stuck when it doesn't lead anywhere, typically because the guy doesn't dare to ask the girl out, or things get stuck at quick glances because that alone is not an effective trigger for the following steps in ND courtship. Some girls help the process by asking out themselves, or by intuitively knowing the following steps in ND courtship. Some people even skip the whole process or get into a relationship with a friend.