Why do people think the "Young Turks" are important?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 11:52 am

There are thousands of progressive YouTubers out there, maybe it is because I am autistic or maybe it is because I am a boomer who does not get what appeals to millennials but I do not perceive anything charismatic or intellectual about them.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 1:19 pm

I've never even seen the show.lol
The name makes me think of young turkey poults.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 2:23 pm

I'm a fan.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 2:43 pm

They curse a lot and push leftist propaganda and lies. That's what draws leftist to them.
They violate YouTube policy on a daily basis with every video but instead of getting demonetized they get pushed to the top of youtubes page to get more publicity. I can't stand the young Turks. Ironic they use Turks despit Turks committing genocide. The election night coverage was hilarious though :lol:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 8:44 pm

The Young Turks are important because they expose the corporate corruption in the Democratic Party. Most liberals don't do that.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:15 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
There are thousands of progressive YouTubers out there, maybe it is because I am autistic or maybe it is because I am a boomer who does not get what appeals to millennials but I do not perceive anything charismatic or intellectual about them.

Me either. It always comes off as amateurish and awkward to me, despite how long it's been around. Not something I ever go to for either news or entertainment.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:34 pm

People find Cenk funny to look at when their stoned.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 10:58 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
People find Cenk funny to look at when their stoned.

First time i saw him my first thought was that he has a face like a hippopotamus.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 11:01 pm

sly279 wrote:
They curse a lot and push leftist propaganda and lies. That's what draws leftist to them.

Yep, just cuss a lot and tell people BS they've already heard, truth or not, and you'll be popular with the left.

Quote:
They violate YouTube policy on a daily basis with every video but instead of getting demonetized they get pushed to the top of youtubes page to get more publicity. I can't stand the young Turks. Ironic they use Turks despit Turks committing genocide. The election night coverage was hilarious though :lol:

I call them The Young Turds

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

Why TYT is Important
VVV

TYT isn't just important for America. It's important for the whole world. Nearly every democratic country has a "progressive" party that is actually full of corporate shills.

Every country has its own version of Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. We all need to work together against corporate "liberalism".

I am confident that the defeat of corporate "liberalism" is the only thing that can stop the runaway far-right at this point.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:08 am

Surely there is more sophisticated better produced source for that than TYT.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:14 am

EzraS wrote:

There is also Noam Chomsky, but most people find him boring.

It's not my fault that the average person has the attention span of a squirrel.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:35 am

Since the federal Supreme Court matter of Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98 (2000), political pundits have proliferated. Alongside them, multitudes of individuals who believe that harboring social opinions makes them politicians with the advantages and qualifications they would be expected to have if they were politicians ... which they never were, aren't now and never will be. But, try telling that to the multitudes who confuse and conflate spouting memes and tropes with decades of actual government experience.

So, no. I can't see why opinionated individuals consider any broadcast pundits legitimate beyond the communality they seek in their icons. In other words, they don't or won't think for themselves, and need confirmation for their ideas.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 11:08 am

EzraS wrote:

I really think it's another touch-point for the MTV and Buzzfeed crowd. If it was more sophisticated or better produced it would probably lose significant market share and ratings.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 12:59 pm

@DarthMetaKnight: What political party out there most closely resembles what you're looking for?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

The young Turks were die hard Hillary and obama supporters. They don't uncover Hilary's corporate shillness