Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SubaCine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2017, 2:48 pm

I have on numerous occasions had people point out that I've ignored them or someone else, but had no recollection of them asking me a question. Does anyone else have this? I've even had cases where someone will tell me that I would be driving and that I completely ignored a question that was directed at me by the person in the passenger seat. The term "ignored" is always used as opposed to "I asked him and he didn't hear me", so I had to have always been too close to have not heard the question.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 2:57 pm

On occasion I will accidentally ignore someone because I didn't know they were talking to me. If other people are also around, I tend to assume it's not me that someone is talking to, because usually it isn't - like, in college, when I was walking to class, if someone would say "hi," I'd tent to assume they were talking to someone else.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 6:32 pm

That happens to me when I am hyperfocused in my own world.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 2:40 pm

Happens quite frequently with me. I get lost, side tracked in my own little world. I can't think about two things at once.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2017, 4:01 pm

No, I ignore people on purpose.

neurotypicalET
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2017, 12:21 am

When I was younger I do this a lot, but now I'm quite the opposite in fact I'm hyper vigilant about people's moods, tone of voice and possible hidden messages in their speech. I have trouble filtering subtle informations that people give off, either consciously or subconsciously.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 8:20 am

When I was younger, I used to not acknowledge people who I adored and especially if I was in a hurry somewhere. A family member pointed that out when I would walk by people.