Anybody watch reruns/DVDs of the show 'Dirty Jobs?'

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm

Hello,

Does anybody know about the 'Dirty Jobs' segment on the cement manufacturer (cement kiln) plant that applies tires in the process of making cement?

What episode featured the segment on the cement kiln? Or, what were the other 'Dirty Jobs' featured with the cement kiln segment?

Thank-you

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 11:19 am

I used to watch the show when it was on Discovery. It was usually really gross, but fun to watch. :lol:

A lot of the jobs were pretty dangerous, too. There was one where a lady was running something like a reserve for wild monkeys, but the little buggers were really vicious and would attack for almost no reason, and a cameraman got savagely bitten on the leg and to leave (he turned out okay). Most people think monkeys are cute, friendly and lovable (and I guess they are most of the time), but they've been known to kill people. 8O

Making home-made chocolate for a living like they did one time is one dirty job I wouldn't mind having, though. Even though I'd probably be so sick of chocolate I'd never want to eat it again.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2017, 1:56 pm

In reference to the 'Dirty Jobs' TV series in the original post: The 'Dirty Jobs' episode 'Shrimper' (Season 2 episode 4) features a segment on tire recycling that includes that includes a (cement kiln) plant that applies tires in the process of making cement.

RELATED: The 1997 book, Irons in the Fire - John McPhee chapter 'Duty of Care' discusses how used tires are handled, processed, etc. Mention is made on how applying tires towards the cement-making process is an excellent option for using old-tires; all while cleaning-up piles of tires littering landscapes.

ALSO RELATED: The 'Dirty Jobs' TV series featured several episodes that demonstrated jobs that boost, and contribute to environmentally responsible practices.

RELATED THREAD: Environmental-Related News Needs a Focused Discussion Board!
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=258949&p=7719317#p7719317