Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

EliAutie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2017, 3:56 am

Hi! I'm Eli!

I'm currently starting a project called Nothing About Us Without Us, which aims to regroup the self-advocacy information (which I kinda feel is a bit spread everywhere) and regroup it into one site, by autistic people, for autistic people, as well as parents or family of autistic people. We really want to dispel some of the myths and pseudo-science surrounding autism, as well as address as many issues as possible (such as the co-morbidity of other disabilities with autism, etc.)

At the moment, we're really looking for writers, because it's a bit of a massive project, and I really can't do it alone, not only because I don't have enough expertise in all the subjects we'd like to include. We're searching for autistic people from all walks of life, and from all over the spectrum (preferably worldwide, too).

If anyone would like more information/would like to help out, just reply to this thread or email [email protected]

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:11 pm

That's the Autism Self-Advocacy Network's tagline/subtitle/catchphrase/slogan. :) But of course you can still use it; many minority groups use it.

I'd like to write for it if I have the time. What do you want me to write about?

I live in Montreal, Canada. I'm a 29-year-old white Unitarian Universalist straight cisgender female with a Canadian passport and a son in the US. So I'm from a few walks of life but not many. If you want to know more about me I'll tell you, or maybe you just want me to write about autism... I'll do that as much as you want me to!! I have something to say about EVERYTHING concerning autism!