Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:44 am

What do you do on your holidays? How do you keep busy (or not) when you have time off work? (I'd like to know, 'cos I'm bad at the holidaying.)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 12:31 pm

For a long time I have had no job

On holidays I do the same thing as when it is not a holiday

As much as possible

When buildings like the library are closed

Ain't got no precious lil "friends" or family or job or $$

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 12:42 pm

Being unemployed, I do the same wonderful things I do every day. I spend some time with my family, and I pursue my interests (read, play, surf the net). In short, doing what I like.
When I had school, I spent ,my very precious spare time recovering (this need became greater the older I got), and did my interests.

I've never had the least bit problem finding something to do when I'm free, it's surviving not having time to spend as I wish that is hard for me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Sep 2017, 7:58 pm

I'm on disability so I don't really do much even when it's not a holiday. On holidays I do the same stuff I do most days when I don't have anything going on except I may spend some time with family or my girlfriend's family. The kinds of things I do usually are spend time with my girlfriend, watch TV, spend time on computer listening to music like being on this forum, playing video-games sometimes, spending time with the pets, going walking

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

Apologies if this was an insensitive choice of topic. It's a fairly new idea to me that my job (the part-time cleaning shift I've had since dropping out of university) is something I'm genuinely lucky to have, not a sign that I've Failed My Parents, Failed My Teachers and Failed Myself etc. etc.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Sep 2017, 11:37 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Apologies if this was an insensitive choice of topic. It's a fairly new idea to me that my job (the part-time cleaning shift I've had since dropping out of university) is something I'm genuinely lucky to have, not a sign that I've Failed My Parents, Failed My Teachers and Failed Myself etc. etc.
I think this thread was a good choice. The 3 jobs I had were cleaning related. Dishwashing, floor-care, & custodian. I have mental & physical disabilities besides Aspergers that really limit me with employment. I was part-time my 1st year with the floor-care job but I was working over 55 hours a week when I was allowed to make over-time maybe partly because I was depressed & felt I needed to prove myself like feeling less of a failure when I was working a lot. I was kind of a workaholic when I was working & didn't get much time off at times but I perused my normal interests & hobbies when I was off.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition