Being slim is now out of fashion for a guy?

Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 11:29 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
^why? xD u r the one who quoted my post!

anyway no one told me they were fapping but well, it's common sense!

hey boo, i know u have nothing to say because u know my beauty is strong.

Your beauty is too strong indeed, wanderlust may like you after all!

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 11:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
wanderlust may like you after all!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 11:02 am

My dads girlfriend gave me a peck on the cheek last night :heart:

Even though I am slim and not overweight I have quite chubby cheeks :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 8:13 pm

I wish I had a Schultzy to cuddle with....wait! I have myself to cuddle with! :O)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:59 am

I generally find chubby or larger guys more initially appealing, but looks aren't everything.

Esme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2017, 9:23 pm

It depends how overweight we are talking. Many women will date overweight men up to a point. Especially if they have at least some muscle underneath it too. I know several women that prefer the men to be taller and/or bigger than them overall due to feeling more 'protected' (think the Hairy Biker guys - more fat than muscle, but they still look 'manly'). But after a point men become less attractive if they are really obese.

Saying that, I have quite a small bone structure and facial features so I prefer men that have smaller bone structures and look younger also. But I don't know many women that find the partners I choose more attractive compared to bigger guys. I think generally women go for bigger guys, but it would look more like a bell curve on a chart, with less going for men at either end of the spectrum.

There are also other mitigating factors such as wealth, height, intelligence and personality. If a woman is thinking of having kids at some point, then she may be more likely to choose a guy that is less physically fit but seems more secure in terms of ability to provide for a family. She may (rightly or wrongly) think a bigger, untoned man is less likely to stray and more likey to stick around and focus on her and a family compared to a perfectly muscled guy who could have his pick of women.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 9:47 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that being a chubby overweight man these days is more in fashion compared to 10 years ago? Or has it always been like that?

A lot of my associates who are OBESE in fact are popular with the ladies on nights out. Some of my friends I know who are skinny are shunned and disliked by more women compared to my heavier set friends.

I myself am bulky so I am neither skinny or fat. I have observed though that fat guys seem to be more popular than bulky or slim guys.

I'm guessing this query is anecdotal but also hindered by an inability to properly understand everything you're taking in.

Big guys at the moment are in, along with tats beards, trendy hobbies and craft ale.
If a guy is not in shape but appears stocky and the rest of the above still applies then they pass as acceptable dates to peers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 5:32 pm

Not with me, personally. I like slim, lean, guys. Not fat.

But you're right, there is a trend towards more acceptance & even preference to heavier built guys. I think it's been driven in part by Hollywood and the rise in popularity of what's now known as the "dad bod." Once a bunch of A-list wealthy celebs have packed on a few lbs and proudly show off their guts, women have shifted to liking that. That's my take on it, anyways.

Scout02
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2017, 10:48 pm

Hate to say it man but being in shape or anything of that matter seems to be getting more rare. You think about how people are living these days the culture of tv, video games entertainment that doesn't require you to move. In return you get people who just sit and eat. It's not just men it's women to. Does it disgust me yeah. Would it hurt if everybody got off there butt to go for a walk or something? Society is getting lazy.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 10:53 pm

I don't care if it's out of fashion, I still want to be slim.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 12:12 am

I just try to maintain a healthy physical form as it's something I have some control over compared to mental stuff and have nothing stopping me from preventing a slide to being a skeleton or rotund. I consider everybody an equal being regardless of what their body looks like. Regarding slim being unfashionable, I'm sure there's at least a billion or two that prefer slim guys and at least a billion or two that don't? Nobody ought to care what's fashionable anyway but I guess it's fashionable to be ignorant to fashion too lol!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 9:46 pm

I'm looking forward to the day that it becomes out of fashion for a woman.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 10:27 pm

The social norm for male attractiveness is taller, lean (not skinny) well built. Men can be slightly overweight so long as they are taller than their prospective partner. The height difference gives women a feeling of being comfortable their partner will somehow protect them (I think this is biologically programmed)