Aspie nurses, post your experiences!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 4:44 am

Wish me luck; I have an interview in November to get into a nursing course at a vocational school. I hope I can speak enough French; I haven't used my French skills since just after high school... which was YEARS ago. (This is Quebec.) It's the Licensed Practical Nurse course; I'm gonna be doing all kinds of wonderful things I'm interested in and will get to help people!! Before the course starts in February I plan to take a CPR course and a French course to brush up on my French; I'm so excited; I'll be able to use my French skills I do have and maybe become bilingual with experience! I want to work in a psych facility helping people with mental health issues; everyone says I'd be great at that and I hope so! I can't believe I have the prerequisites for this course but I found it looking over a course for a lower-down job, a patient attendant job, and I'm like "Wow, I might as well take this one!" It's in a small town; in Montreal where I live I would have had to take like 5 prerequisite courses to get in; in the small town they take more people! I hope to work at the mental hospital my friend works at as a patient attendant, and I'd be a lower-down nurse there but still a nurse, so excited!

PS: I know there's a lot of nurses on here; please tell me what it's like! Extra points if you're a psych nurse!

Spyoon
Raven
Raven

08 Sep 2017, 8:25 am

Not a nurse but good luck!

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm

I'm an LPN (or an LVN as we are called in California). It's still a lot of responsibility. I've never done floor nursing, as I'm not cut out for working in a fast paced environment. I did home health shift work with 1x1. I don't really like the bedside and am not good at it, so I'm trying to get a job in a doctor's office type clinic or go into medical coding. I wish you the best of luck! If you're passionate about psych, you'll succeed.