Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MichaelValak
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Sep 2017, 2:13 pm

Hello all.

My name is Mike. I used to post here 10 years(! !!) ago under a different username. I havn't been part of this forum (or any forum for that matter) for a little over half a decade.
With that in mind, I wanted to apologise.
Back when I was still active here, I was a very inflammatory poster. To put it bluntly, I was a troll. I cussed and insulted people and got into fights, because I was a very bitter twenty-something-year-old struggling with my ASD and early-onset psychosis.
In short, I was a bad person, and I did bad things on this forum & said bad things to people who didn't deserve the hatred I directed at them.
In the end I stormed off of the forum in proper Ragequit style, and never looked back. In fact I have sworn off internet forums ever since.
So why did I come back?
I'm now in my Thirties. A heck of a lot of things have changed in my life, and I am now a much happier, more placid and understanding person.
But I still look back, after all these years, at the hurtful things I said and did, and feel guilty. my actions were wrong, and I still feel sick to the stomach thinking about how awful I once was.
So, if any of the old guard (so to speak) are still around, who might remember the harm I've done, I just want to say...
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry, and I hope you can forgive me.
What I did was wrong, and I want to make it right.
I know it's weird to apologize for something I did 7-8 years ago, but if anything, It'll set my mind at ease, and I can finally move on from the spectres of my past.
I'm probably not going to engage much with the forum, but I hope, if anything, I can show there's life after hartred, and hopefully even trolls can grow up to be gentle.
thank you for taking the time to read all this waffling of mine.
Yours sincerely,
Mike V

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:20 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 4:40 pm

I don't know that being a troll and inflammatory makes you a "bad person", but it's good to know that you've learned from your mistakes and are willing to make changes. We all do wrong things but not all of us learn from what we've done wrong. Actually, I think that if you can take note of the mistakes you've made in the past and than make changes to correct those mistakes, that makes you a good person.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of positive vibes and advice to offer this forum and welcome back!