Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Metemi
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2017, 3:00 am

Ha, I went to "library school", and one of the first things we were told was that "Public Libraries are not Quiet Places Whatsoever!!" lol Public libraries can be zoo's.

Metemi
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Sep 2017, 3:03 am

Generally, the best libraries to go to are academic ones at Universities if you happen to live near one. The upper floors. :)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 11:35 am

A lot of people these days don't want to leave their kids with a babysitter because of all the horror stories in the media. Being the witch that I am, I guess they should worry their kids' brattiness doesn't lead me to cooking them in a cauldron and eating them. :twisted:

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:02 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I miss the bus, it is too cold to hang about waiting for the next one, I decide to go into the nearby library for a bit of peace and quiet and warmth, and what do I get? A load of f*****g noisy squealing 2-year-olds running around near me. It's a LIBRARY for f***s sake, it's meant to be a quiet place, but I suppose rules don't apply to the darling little children, because they "don't know any better", well that's no f*****g excuse in my book (no pun intended). If kids make too much noise in a public library the parents should be asked to leave, simple as that. Oh, the horrible shrieks really hurt my ears. :(

Things have changed, haven't they?

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 25, 2017)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
A lot of people these days don't want to leave their kids with a babysitter because of all the horror stories in the media. Being the witch that I am, I guess they should worry their kids' brattiness doesn't lead me to cooking them in a cauldron and eating them. :twisted:

A modest proposal, ma'am 8)