Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 8:46 pm

Has anyone played this game yet? It is a lot like the 90's Sonic games and they have combined all the Sonic CD, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3 and Knuckles all into one and they have some remix levels from the original Sonic games with remix music. The only thing about it I heard is it crashes but that hasn't happened to me yet and hopefully that has been patched with an update.

I have been playing it and it's lot of fun and I didn't feel this game was a rip off or ripped from the previous Sonic games like I felt about Sonic 4 so I never bought that game.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 8:17 pm

Yeah I've been playing a fair bit of the PC version. I love it. My favourite parts are the remixed levels (other than Green Hill Zone because there's a variant of that in every Sonic game). I have played through the game with Sonic & Tails, and have two playthroughs as Tails and Knuckles that are half way through. I haven't got all the emeralds yet though, and I'm guessing there's another level when I do get them. I've never really liked Blue Sphere, so I haven't unlocked much of the unlockables.

It's a really great Sonic game, but I still think Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 3:04 am

I played Sonic 3 and Knuckles all the time when I was 12 and I liked exploring new places with Tails or Knuckles. Also Sonic & Knuckles was originally part of Sonic 3 but they didn't have enough memory so they had to split it into two games than just cancelling out levels and playable character so that is why you see some things in Sonic 3 you can't get to because they never deleted those in the levels. I couldn't believe I never tried Sonic & Knuckles all those years until my little brother rented it at the end of the school year. I had no idea it was just another Sonic game than something else like Sonic Spinball or the Mean Bean Machine. Then I decided to see what would happen if I connected another game to S&K and wah la Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I tired it with other cartridges too and discovered Sonic 2 and Knuckles and No Way with Sonic 1 but didn't know about the blue sphere game until the codebook when I was 15. But that totally explained the whole game connected thing. It was meant as one game but they ran out of memory so they split it into two.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 4:13 am

Forgive me for the wall of text, but...UNF!

The game, and I mostly say this because I'm trash for Sonic and his patron company, is a heartfelt love letter to not only the classic trilogy, but the fandom as a whole. I only have the Steam version (Shame on SEGA of Europe for Denuvo, am I right?), but the gameplay still feels great on any platform, especially if you have an actual controller to play on. Sonic and his friends, along with surrounding terrain and certain Badniks, still feel right at home in what is essentially Sonic 3's core skill set, albeit with Sonic himself packing that newfangled Drop Dash maneuver.

Everything on Mania's plate, from the gimmicks in zones both old and new to the boss fights, makes you feel as if, by all means, it could have been Sonic's fabled 32-bit classic game. and don't yack on me about sonic 4, that's not even remotely a true classic title in my opinion For those of you who enjoy Sonic and haven't given this a shot, buy this so you won't let your dreams (or memes) be dreams. And do try to go in as fresh as possible; there WILL be twists or other surprises at almost every turn in this newest build of Cartoon Mammal Simulator.

Good job, Taxman, Headcannon, and PagodaWest. Now take the rest that you all deserve.