Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

my name is e.. i like to read and watch movies (especially horror) and space out. i don't do a lot else besides that... have trouble talking to anyone besides my boyfriend

i need friends i feel comfortable around..... been diagnosed with aspergers for almost 3 years now and still haven't quite accepted it

my younger sister is pretty heavily on the spectrum and received a lot of (what i honestly see as) neurotypical conversion therapy as a child, our parents considered her condition a tragedy..... they didn't notice my condition and when i exhibited behaviors they thought i was just being a bad kid on purpose........

sometimes i wonder if my diagnosis wasn't even accurate... so i'm 19 and a little lost now? have a hard time with socializing, came here in hopes i'd like the community and to get some information on what's going on in my brain

hello all..

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 12:08 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

You're not the only one who sometimes wonders whether your diagnosis was inaccurate - I do that too sometimes; I think it's quite anyone who wasn't diagnosed as a young child. And as for the social problems, we all have those too here.
:D

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 6:43 am

Welcome, E!

Hopefully you'll find the resources here useful to help you learn more about yourself.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2017, 9:52 am

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I'm not sure if this going to be helpful for you, but I too have wondered in recent years whether or not I got an accurate diagnosis. I was diagnosed ... let's see that would be around 8-9 years ago, in the days of the DSM 4? At that time, it was claimed that I had what was Aspergers.

But since that time, things have changed greatly. In 12014, I entered university, and since then, I think major changes have occured. By late 12016, when I joined this forum, I went and read the tales of many of the forum's users, and watched a few YouTube videos made by autistic adults, and I honestly had considerable trouble relating to many of these people. Later on I did the AQ and RDOS tests (With results in the signature) and ended up in a very grey area -- featuring some aspergers traits, but not enough for the real deal. Then I read a blog made by a dyspraxic, along with the signs of dyspraxia on the Dyspraxia Foundation UK website, and could relate to many of them. Surprisingly, I could also relate to some dyslexic traits too.

So, it's possible that I was misdiagnosed. Hard to say.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 3:56 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)