Does apple cider vinegar help with weight loss?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2017, 5:43 pm

I just bought some apple cider vinegar. I have been seeing a lot of positive reviews about it regarding weight loss. I have heard stories of people losing up to 10 pounds within 2 weeks. I just started it a couple days ago. I've maybe lost a pound or two since taking it. I haven't been craving junk food for the last couple days. I've also started eating healthier and feeling full. One side effect of it is that I feel bloated after I drink it. The bloating goes away after I go to the bathroom. I am excited to see where this apple cider vinegar takes me. I drink it first thing in the morning before breakfast and I drink it before lunch and dinner.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 10:27 am

No. You have be in an energy deficit to lose weight.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2017, 4:36 pm

Yes its good but you still need to do exercise. I know, not what you wanted to hear right.

Kind Regards and Much Love, Nay :heart: .

ChildOfOmelas
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Sep 2017, 8:24 pm

Apparently, it can:
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple- ... ight-loss/

The best thing for weight loss, though, is to eat fewer calories. Exercise is really important for overall health, but proportionately it is difficult to burn enough calories through exercise to make a big impact on calorie balance.

The best food for appetite suppression I've found is shiritaki noodles; for me, they have a better 'second meal effect' than beans*. Unfortunately, if I eat a pack a day for a couple of days I develop allergic rhinitis. I looked it up on PubMed and there was a rat study** that showed the opposite - that glucomannan alleviated allergic rhinitis.

* https://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans- ... al-effect/
** https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17928709

theladyautist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Oct 2017, 2:55 pm

Be careful with the vinegar. I tried that for a while till I found a better diet and exercise routine. Destroyed my enamel!! !

These days I focus on eating good fats like avacados, black beans, eggs, fresh fish. Focus on eating things with high protein as it gives you great energy and contributes to building muscle, and anti-oxidents and vitamins like fruits and vegtables.

Right now during the week I eat a mixture of Stir Fry vegatables with black beans, samon, and eggs with diced garlic, olive oil, and iodized salt, greek yogurt for brekfast and I do a British Tea Time. So shortbread cookies that are low in sugar, handful of peanuts, small stick of cheese, and fruit like apple slices or mandarin oranges with some Earl Grey with Cream.

Works very well with exerising. You might not loose weight but in my case I have lost inches and body fat and the tummy is flattening nicely! I do alot of core training, you can find different routines on the internet, and couple that with ALOT of stair stepping.

I allow myself one cheat day a week to not exercise and eat what I want, within moderation. :) That is what I recommend. Lost 3 inches off the waist in 3 months!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:20 pm

theladyautist wrote:
Focus on eating things with high protein as it gives you great energy and contributes to building muscle

That doesn't work for everyone. For example, I do much better (on or off a diet) eating high-fiber, low protein. And people who are mesomorphs may put on more muscle than they'd like to.

Glenn1
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2017, 3:45 am

Sir I am an obese aged 29 weighing 231.485Lbs. Can I use the apple cider vinegar for weight loss. My dietitian directed to use apple cider vinegar before breakfast, lunch and dinner but I see that people saying bloating happens. Can anyone help me how to avoid such side-effects?

Glenn1
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2017, 3:48 am

Also I have landed over this page: https://besthcgdropswebsite.com/hcg-diet/
I found that I can use hcg strict diet for losing weight along with using apple cider vinegar.
Please suggest whether I can use this?

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2017, 7:08 am

Glenn1 wrote:
Also I have landed over this page: https://besthcgdropswebsite.com/hcg-diet/
I found that I can use hcg strict diet for losing weight along with using apple cider vinegar.
Please suggest whether I can use this?

That's pure psuedo science, don't waste your money on stuff like that.

There is only ONE way to lose fat.

The ONLY WAY to lose fat is by consuming less energy(calories) than you body uses, so that it starts tapping into the energy(fat) stored on your body.