Candace Owens and the Zoe Quinn/Twitter story

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 4:41 pm

This is pretty interesting. She got hit, hard, mainly because she wanted to create a tool for identifying trolls. From the sound of things there's a heck of a big industry in people trolling themselves. She was on a course to upset that apple cart and got intimately familiar with the political and commercial Munchhausen's racket:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 4:50 pm

I'm not about to push this all the way in one direction - it sounds like Social Autopsy was a naive/bad idea for other reasons. It's the reaction that I think is a lot more interesting. I'll have to do some more research on what that was all about and see what other components there are to the story and add that later tonight or tomorrow.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin