Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2017, 9:41 am

BettaPonic wrote:
I am a guy and all my friends are girls. Is anyone else that way? Guys kind of scare me.

More often than not I have heard from women the following sentence: "you're getting all this wrong, we're just friends".

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 10:14 am

MagicKnight wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
I am a guy and all my friends are girls. Is anyone else that way? Guys kind of scare me.

More often than not I have heard from women the following sentence: "you're getting all this wrong, we're just friends".

My friends and I never need to say that.

banana247
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2017, 8:07 pm

I'm a strait girl... I think girls are definitely harder for me to figure out and get on the same page with... I also tend to not like many of them because of their cattiness and emotional complexity. Guys are usually more straightforward and usually feel easier to understand and interact with. That said, my best friends are girls and I desire female companionship the most!

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 5:49 pm

I get on SO much better with girls. (So long as I don't currently fancy them, but that's another story.)

I've always been wary of other men because of all the posturing, competitiveness and dominance games- plus, most men seem to think they're expected to be selfish bigoted idiots, and act like that even if their hearts aren't really in it. ("Bloody hell mate, neither of us actually hate gay people, so why have we been swapping homophobic jokes for half an hour?") That's worse with young men, unsurprisingly. It's like "HEY! we're playing a game you neither understand nor care about, and by the way YOU LOSE!" In the last few years I've started getting on better with some men, but only if they're very low in machismo. Even then, I've had some nasty moments.

I don't doubt there are similar problems among women, but none of it is aimed my way so I can relax more. (Or if IS aimed my way, it's so subtle I fail to notice it!)

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 8:18 pm

It takes time.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm

I do have more female friends than male friends for the most part. I guess being a *real* nice guy is a positive among the common alpha-types.

12am
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2017, 6:12 am

Just wanted to chip in and offer my two cents (or pence, since I'm British).

Personally, as a woman, I have generally found guys easier to get along with than girls. I think because, in my experience, the girls I have met have tended to be more giggly and lacking much depth, whereas, while I do like to have fun, I'm mostly quite serious and have always been mature for my age, so I tend to gravitate towards quite serious-minded guys.

Having said that, I would agree with you about women being more free and open in general to discussing emotional topics. That certainly applies to me.

But, maybe, on the whole, it's not so much about gender as it is about maturity - and that's what I personally find difficult, which is in meeting other mature people who "get" things in the way that I understand and appreciate them. For me, ultimately that's the biggest challenge.

Hope it's helped to hear a female perspective. Good day to you all : )

12am
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2017, 6:17 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
It takes time.

Hey Zach, just quoting you to say that I have a very similar looking cat to yours. Adopted him when he was a feral kitten. If cats can be Aspies too, then I think mine's certainly on the spectrum : ) Greetings to you and your feline.