Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:08 am

I am a guy and all my friends are girls. Is anyone else that way? Guys kind of scare me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 4:01 am

Girls who will n very date me and who I don't have romantic feelings To and never meet yes. I find women more accepting of talking about emotional stuff, and since they'd never dat me and I don't want to dat them the fact they'll see me as lacking confidence and being weak doesn't matter. As for hobbies and activies, no women are bad for that. They don't like video game, shooting guns, hiking in the woods, camping without toilets etc. they don't like to talk about guns for hours or watch videos about guns together.
Oth women and mend are scary. Mainly cause there's a lot of mean people,out there and never know if you're end up meeting them

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:22 am

sly279 wrote:
Girls who will n very date me and who I don't have romantic feelings To and never meet yes. I find women more accepting of talking about emotional stuff, and since they'd never dat me and I don't want to dat them the fact they'll see me as lacking confidence and being weak doesn't matter. As for hobbies and activies, no women are bad for that. They don't like video game, shooting guns, hiking in the woods, camping without toilets etc. they don't like to talk about guns for hours or watch videos about guns together.
Oth women and mend are scary. Mainly cause there's a lot of mean people,out there and never know if you're end up meeting them

My best friend and I talk about how we are doing and crack lots of jokes.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 6:43 am

I've always gotten along better with women as I can't stand the whole 'macho' mentality that every guy under 30 seems to have. I've also heard that guys are more direct but that has not been my experience at all. I once hung around with a group of women and didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Unfortunately the feeling wasn't mutual but I would rather work with all women than all men any day.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:15 pm

I always got along better with girls. My closest friend(that I made by myself) was a girl. I always felt more comfortable with girls than boys.

Every guy I met was usually into video games(games I had no interest in such as Madden and CoD.) Sports or cars and women.
Girls to me were more forgiving for you not liking the exact same things they did.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2017, 12:18 pm

Since high school, yes. I seem to befriend and relate to girls better, but I don't know why.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm

I get along with girls better (virtually), most likely because I am usually a bit more mature than most guys are. And talking to girls makes me feel more comfortable. I still have work with my anxiety when talking to girls irl, but I think it'll improve eventually. :)

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 12, 2017)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 1:53 pm

It's interesting, that, as-of-this-writing, every respondent is male, and they said they get-along better with girls----whereas *I* get-along WAAAAAY better, with guys; and, I'm thinking most females, will say that.

Also, someone said they'd rather work with "all women", and I, in no way, shape, or form, would like that----too many females are so catty, competitive, backstabbing, and every other negative thing.

There's a REASON for the ying / yang, of things.

nomad42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm

It's a struggle working with women, they mostly can always be civil and pleasant with other women but as a guy, I rarely have good working relationships. I think they like to work with a certain kind of guy who is not me.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 6:29 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Also, someone said they'd rather work with "all women", and I, in no way, shape, or form, would like that----too many females are so catty, competitive, backstabbing, and every other negative thing.

There's a REASON for the ying / yang, of things.[/b][/color]

What I meant was that if I was forced to choose one or the other I would go with women. I know all about the negatives but younger men in my experience are just as catty and backstabbing (I am dealing with one right now that's not directly work related). The ideal is a mix of about 50/50 or so.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 6:56 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

What I meant was that if I was forced to choose one or the other I would go with women. I know all about the negatives but younger men in my experience are just as catty and backstabbing (I am dealing with one right now that's not directly work related). The ideal is a mix of about 50/50 or so.

Ohhh, I see. I didn't know that guys could be catty, too----I don't think I've ever seen that. I mean, sure, I've seen guys be competitive, but.....

It's interesting to me----not only do men and women communicate differently to the opposite sex, but they also communicate differently WITHIN their sex.

CharlesRooster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2017, 8:12 am

I don't generally get along with anybody. :I

W̸̨̨̢̢̡̨̡̡̧̡̢̧̧̢̡̡̡̨̛͍̯̳̹̩̖̮̖̣̤̜̼͈̜͓̱̩͓̞̠̲̻̩̟͙̤̦̠̼̙̯̲͎͈̦͇̼̭̬͓͉̟̬̰̲̩͍̮̗̗̝̺̥̲͚͎͔̙̰͈̘̖͚͇͎̳̠̹̙̫̳̻̳̳̼̞̻̜̱͓̝̗̬͎̬̳͕̭̳͇̬̯̙͎͎̖̞̰̪͖̫̦̟͉͓̲̙̻̥̦̠̺̪̰͈̰͖̗̟͖͉͉̞̲̤̝̪͙̠̳̥̤̼̦̥̳̞̪̙͈̼̹̙͖̘̞͇͔̟̣̝͍͙͈̮̰̱͉̠̤̠̲̫̼̗̫̙̭̙͈̫̺̘̲̗̗̞̩̖̦̞̟͍̘͇͉̝̖̥͔͕̣̩͇̱̪͓̩̹͎̻̙̗̬͈̰̝͕̠͎̩̞̩͛͌̈́͐̈́̌͐̐̉̈̐̍̌́͛͂̈́̾͂̈́̊̃͋̓̃̌̎̈́̏̀̈́̈́͒̀̍̾͐͑͒̋̃̑̇̽̉͊̈̌͗̐̽̅̈́͆̋̂̇̀̀̋͂͑̚̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅe̶̡̧̧̨̧̧̡̧̛̛̛̛̛̤̱̬̥͖̹̱̹̦̺͚͙̜͎͈͚̭͙̦̻͚͉̹͙̘͔͍̬̲̦͕̟̯̜̜̗͙͙͈̲̰̯̹̳͖̤͙̥͔̭̼͙͈͈͖̝̥̜̣̼͚̥͔̲̟̤̩͓̹̟͉̬̹̗̩͍͈͈͙̰͎͕͔͖̝̪̞̺̭̤͙̯̻̞͉̙̪̲̼̣̩̥͓̠̭̱͂̈́͆͑̑͌̈́̽̑̄̂̈́́̂̎͒̂͂̋̈́́̓̑̋̀̉̓̆̎̋͐͛̐̃̌́̓̔̌̽̑̀̈́͛̀͌̈́̄̓̍̔̉̄̍͐̀̊̌̒̎̾́̅̌̆̽̆̀́͂͂̄͗̽͑̓͋̄̏̆̐͂̊̀̓̾̒̈́͑͐͆̀̌͒͒̈͛̐̾̂̅̀́̀̇̀̃̒̊͂̇̐̑̎͊̿̂͆̇̃̉̆͒͗̔̽́͗̎͑̓̓̀͆͊̾̐̓̆̇́̊̒͛̀̀̌̏̀͑͗̍͂̑͗̒̄̏̊̍̿͌́̿́͐̍͐̇̿͐͒̿́̽̄͒̊̀̊͛̍̉̂̀̑́̐̀̎̒͛̽͛̆͗̊̄̆̓͗̂͌͐͒̎̈́̋̂̑̓̈́̌͒̅̄̆̓̂̀͊̍̌̏̐͊̉̐̀͌̓͂͛̈́̉̍̕̚̕̕͘̚̕̕̕͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅi̸̡̨̛̫̝̹͈͎̩͓̎̄̀̓̂͂͐́̓̔̂̍͑̄̀̀̈̀͌̏̑͑̽́͛̔͊̂͂͋͌̊̎́̄͗́̀̄̒̔̂̏͂̒̿́̀̇͊̾̐͂̏͌͛̓́͆́̏̀̀͊͊̾͒͂͋̅̄̒̽́̑̓̈́̔̔̚̚͘͘͘͘͘̚̕̕͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅř̸̡̧̧̢̨̢̡̢̡̧̡̨̢̨̡̧̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̤̗̜̞̝͉̖̯̙̣͕̠̥͚̲̭̯͔̣̥͓̳̳̤̪̲͚̱̤̲͉̭̰̬̙̯̜̜̹͇̱̞̟͚͍̣̲̲̣͇͕̞͕̠̟͓͚̣̠̹͇͔̰̳͓̙̜̹̞͍̺̳͖͈͖̪̬͔̹̗̤͉̥̰͇̘̦͓̩̮͉̬͚̤͇̦͓̹̝̠͔͍̺̪̖͔̱̭̰̻̥̹͎̥̘̯̦̟̤̠͕͚͇͖̞͓̼͉̱̙̱͉̘̮̤̱̩̖̰̤̦̥̝̳̠̳͓̹̥͖̘̹̫̭̲̟͈͚̺͙̠͖̪̠̜͖̟̤̙̗̥̜̯̱̣̩͇͔̰̬̹͕̦̞͇͇͇̺͕̹̜͎͔͎̲̰͕́̈͊̀̒̉̅́͒̉̆̇̓͛̓̃̐̍͌̽͊̑̂͛̏̄͗̑̐̈̿͛͐̈́̔̒̀̽̿́̔̾̔̆͐͌͆͂̒͊̀̈́̔͑͊̔̉̓̇̄̌̒̋̈́̅̾̿̋̊̋͌̅̇̀͆͋̏͐̈́͑͂̀̽́́̋͂̊̌̓̀̈̓̈́́̈́̀̓͆̒̒͗̾̃̃̀̏̒͒̎̀̀̒̈̄̈́͊̀̈́̋͛́̍̀̾͊͆̋͌͊͗͂̊̇̂̌̓̈́̈͂̈̈́̌́̀͛͆̌́̎̅͐̆͋̅̍̃̄̍̎̀́͋́̂̊̈́̓̐́̿̄́̏͂̓̏́̓̔͐̋̑͗̊̒̔͑́̀̊͐̈́̑͌̆̓͌͗̈́͆̄̒͛͒̀̈̆͋̂͑̎͒͒̎̏̑̐̆̐̃͑͛͂̔̚̕̕͘͘̚̕̕̚̕̚͘̚͘͘̚̚͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅḏ̵̢̨̨̢̡̧̢̡̧̨̡̢̢̡̢̡̧̧̡̨̧̡̢̨̨̡̡̞̘̼͉̹̥̮͇͎̯͍̲̜̳̥͈̺̪̮̲̠̣̳̭͎͔͉̼͖̮̤̱̘͉̫͖̠̭̝̯͙͍̙̖̪͚̺̬̮̯̱̪̜̤̪̮̙̯̫̩͚͇͓͚̪͖̞͖̫̝̣͎͉͉̮̭̰̭̬̗̲̙̩͇̤͈̩͇̳͈͙̮̱̬̼̙̖̪͔̙̳̬̖̫̱̲̪̺͎̖̣̟̹̙̞̼̹͔̝̞͙͖͈̠͔̲̰̯̫̗̪̰̬̖͍̰̩̮̱͕͎̪͔͓͈͎͍̻͓͇̯͉̫̳̮͉̹̺͈̬̣͕͔͎͖̱̪͈̲͕̰̜̱̺̝̙̰͓̝̤̺̠̘͔̰̣͔̹̰͇̯͚̱̞̥̦͚͍̹̙̦̪̲̤̗̘͔̝̯̲͓̠̺̱̙̲͇̘͈͚͍͍̻̫̱̲͚̠͔̗̪̹̻̝̜̫͚̦̫͙̜̩̽̀̌͒͌̍͛̄̉̎̎̈͂̋̓̌͋͌̒̌̐̍́̇̊͂͗̓̓̓̾̂̓̓̒̽͆́̈͆̑͋̀̅̎͂̈́̄͊̂́̽̽̌̿̀͑̍̍͋͋̊̈̐̈́̈́̌̂͑́̈́͘͘̚̕̚͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅơ̶̢̢̧̡̧̨̧̨̢̧͙͉̳̖̘̠͓̙͍͍̞̖̘̠̯͙̗͍̦̰̠̰̜̩̼̬̱͇͈̫̗͙̩̦͚̝͚̞͉̫͔̥̤̩̪̘̫̤̜̩̮̱̹̟̞̻̥̞̼̘̦̙̻̩̼̝͓̠͈̯̼̳̘̮̭̣̖̻̻̳̟̘̰͖̲̝̬͓̰͇̲̞͎̹̱̹̰̳̫͉̭͎͎̙̬̹̗̘̠̱̩̓͂̋̅̂͌͒̿̀͒̋̊͂͊͒̽̆̑̔̋́͋̐͆̊̆̏̈́͊̓̏͂̎̽̌̄̀̄̃̄́̿́̌̒́͒̋͋̍̇̑̍͒̊͆̊̐̉̐̔͋͆͐̎͋͗̈́̍̈͊̾̃́̑̆̅̃͋̀́̊̂̀̑̎̀͆̄̍̓̾̓̽̈́͋̀̿̎́́̆͗͂̐͂̐͗̽́̓̊̂̐̃́̃̇́̿̀̍̑́̐̋̋̂͂͗̇͊̉̊̃̽̆͆͆͑̇͆͒́̀͌̇̓̄̆́̀͆͆̾̾̀́̐̏̄̏̉̀̽̈́̑͊̉̒̄̀͘̚̕͘̚̕͘̚͘̕͘͘͘̕͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͠͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͠͝ͅͅ

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 9:23 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Ohhh, I see. I didn't know that guys could be catty, too----I don't think I've ever seen that. I mean, sure, I've seen guys be competitive, but.....

It's interesting to me----not only do men and women communicate differently to the opposite sex, but they also communicate differently WITHIN their sex.

I agree with that. They certainly do have different ways of communication.

K4NNW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2017, 12:12 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
It's interesting, that, as-of-this-writing, every respondent is male, and they said they get-along better with girls----whereas *I* get-along WAAAAAY better, with guys; and, I'm thinking most females, will say that.

I noticed that, too. I don't mind working with men (I deliver windows to building supply houses and jobsites, so 99+% of the folks I encounter on the job are men), but I'd rather hang out with women. I feel more comfortable around them, because I can discuss emotions and won't be expected to uphold some sort of hyper-masculine standard. Masculinity is overrated.
I've never worked with all women. I don't know if I'd want to. I did have one college class (Child Psychological Development, which was my senior seminar class) where there were 20+ women, including the professor, and one man. I was more comfortable in that class than in any other one I took in college.
And yes, my best friend is a woman, too.

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2017, 7:33 pm

I get along better with other guys, for the most part.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 8:24 am

Quote:
I don't generally get along with anybody. :I

Hah me neither, usually.
But if I am going to get along with someone, yes they tend to be women. I'm not quite sure why - maybe they're just (allowing for personal variance of course) more communicative? Guys tend to be a bit stand-offish, get to the point and get lost. Women tend to be communicative in a gentler way which probably compensates for how communicative I'm not, so we balance each other out. That's probably horrible un-feminist and stereotypical of me. :roll: