Psychs can't find a label for the "North Pond Hermit” "

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 2:25 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Snakes are awesome.Beautiful pics above,thanks to all for sharing.I love it when people call to have the snakes removed instead of killing them.

That way, the snake can go back to the wild and continue murdering mammals like a boss. :twisted:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 2:36 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Snakes are awesome.Beautiful pics above,thanks to all for sharing.I love it when people call to have the snakes removed instead of killing them.

That way, the snake can go back to the wild and continue murdering mammals like a boss. :twisted:

Keeps Lyme's disease,Buboninc plague at bay.I feed my Ball Python frozen mice that are warmed.I see enough of the live drama everyday.The worst is when a snakes grabs a frog,the frog cries.You can hear it,I think it's to warm other frogs and maybe to attract another larger predator.This works out for the frog,becuse anytime I've heard that sound and investigated the snakes turns loose of the frog and skittles off.
Of course frogs will eat other frogs,I saw a giant bullfrog with a frog leg hanging out of its mouth.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 3:12 pm

Snakes are godless, organic killing machines. That's why they are so incredibly awesome. They literally evolved to hunt and kill over millions of years.

The snakes that aren't good at killing get killed by the almighty forces of the natural world. That's the law of the jungle. That's how evolution works. Kill or die.

I imagine that snakes feel an orgasmic rush of pride and honor as they sink their toxic fangs into a puny rodent. As the snakes swallows the filthy varmint, it thinks about its skill as a warrior.

I've also seen snake courtship. It is truly a sight to behold. Both he snakes and she snakes are proud warriors. The elegant she snake will only accept a male warrior who has proven himself worthy of her body.

In most ancient societies, a snake biting its own tail is a symbol of the cycle of life and death. The death of the mouse is the life of the mother snake and her hungry brood.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 3:35 pm

Misslizard wrote:

When I was very young, my mom was deathly afraid of snakes, so at the time of my life, so was I. One of the earliest nightmares I can recall is of being chased through a field by a snake that seemed to fly across the ground, with it's head raised up, ready to bite me. At such a tender young age, I labored under the misimpression that snakes would suck my blood, and replace it with poison.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 3:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

When I was very young, my mom was deathly afraid of snakes, so at the time of my life, so was I. One of the earliest nightmares I can recall is of being chased through a field by a snake that seemed to fly across the ground, with it's head raised up, ready to bite me. At such a tender young age, I labored under the misimpression that snakes would suck my blood, and replace it with poison.

That would be a scary dream to a child.
Symbolically I wold think the bite was the gift of knowledge,which can also be incredibly scary.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 4:06 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Snakes are godless, organic killing machines. That's why they are so incredibly awesome. They literally evolved to hunt and kill over millions of years.

The snakes that aren't good at killing get killed by the almighty forces of the natural world. That's the law of the jungle. That's how evolution works. Kill or die.

I imagine that snakes feel an orgasmic rush of pride and honor as they sink their toxic fangs into a puny rodent. As the snakes swallows the filthy varmint, it thinks about its skill as a warrior.

I've also seen snake courtship. It is truly a sight to behold. Both he snakes and she snakes are proud warriors. The elegant she snake will only accept a male warrior who has proven himself worthy of her body.

In most ancient societies, a snake biting its own tail is a symbol of the cycle of life and death. The death of the mouse is the life of the mother snake and her hungry brood.

All snakes evolved from Lizards.
I've watched snakes fight for territory,the loser gets his head pinned and slinks off.
Most of the time,they are pretty zen.Mostly basking or retreating to a cool spot in the heat of day.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Symbolically I wold think the bite was the gift of knowledge,which can also be incredibly scary.

Robert E. Howard, the writer best known for giving the world Conan The Barbarian, had once written a short horror story called (I think) The Dream Snake, about a guy who dreams repeatedly that a snake is winding it's way through a field toward his house, and knows that when it reaches him, he'll die in both his dream and in real life.

And speaking of writing - - I've been published! Just a short story in an anthology, but still... I'VE BEEN PUBLISHED!! ! (Sorry, I know that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. :oops: )

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Robert E. Howard, the writer best known for giving the world Conan The Barbarian, had once written a short horror story called (I think) The Dream Snake, about a guy who dreams repeatedly that a snake is winding it's way through a field toward his house, and knows that when it reaches him, he'll die in both his dream and in real life.

And speaking of writing - - I've been published! Just a short story in an anthology, but still... I'VE BEEN PUBLISHED!! ! (Sorry, I know that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. :oops: )

SO AWESOME!!Conratulations on the big event.Luckily I have a beer,Hop Rising Doi le IPA.A toast to you.! !
Scary dream,I think I'd move from that house.lol
Snakes control the dream world,in some beliefs,treat them right and you have no need to fear.
To the Cherokee Rattleasnake is brother.You would never kill one.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:20 pm

You're behind Darmok.

Inversnaid
THIS darksome burn, horseback brown,
His rollrock highroad roaring down,
In coop and in comb the fleece of his foam
Flutes and low to the lake falls home.
A windpuff-bonnet of fawn-froth
Turns and twindles over the broth
Of a pool so pitchblack, fell-frowning,
It rounds and rounds Despair to drowning.
Degged with dew, dappled with dew,
Are the groins of the braes that the brook treads through,
Wiry heathpacks, flitches of fern,
And the beadbonny ash that sits over the burn.
What would the world be, once bereft
Of wet and wildness? Let them be left,
O let them be left, wildness and wet;
Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.
Gerard Manley Hopkins

Hopkins was furiously mad of course.The best hermits and poets are.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fogman wrote:
This Article indicates that he was diagnosed with Aspergers.

Makes absolute sense that a living myth would be one of us.

First off, I dissaprove of what he was doing. If he had lived in the woods, been a productive member of society, I would have some respect for him. Instead, he spent nearly 30 years ripping off other people, and creating what was essentially a giant litter pile in woods that were fairly pristine.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:29 pm

Fogman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fogman wrote:

First off, I dissaprove of what he was doing. If he had lived in the woods, been a productive member of society, I would have some respect for him. Instead, he spent nearly 30 years ripping off other people, and creating what was essentially a giant litter pile in woods that were fairly pristine.

He was an unusual thief, and perhaps another sad statement about society. I also disapprove.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:36 pm

Fogman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fogman wrote:

He was basically a giant racoon.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:43 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

SO AWESOME!!Conratulations on the big event.Luckily I have a beer,Hop Rising Doi le IPA.A toast to you.! !
Scary dream,I think I'd move from that house.lol
Snakes control the dream world,in some beliefs,treat them right and you have no need to fear.
To the Cherokee Rattleasnake is brother.You would never kill one.

Thank you so very much! :D
I'm in the process of editing and collecting the rest of my short fiction together in anthology form for publication on Amazon.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:45 pm

Fogman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fogman wrote:

Yeah, but there's always something cool about an outlaw. :lol:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 5:52 pm

Actually, yes, I'm another who doesn't like the stealing part of his story.

I love the living like a hermit in the woods part.

But I wish he had learned to live off his environment rather than stolen things. There are people who live an isolated, off-grid life but find a way to both garner their own food and make a little bit of money at something so that they can still replace clothing or buy a book. It can be done without having to become a thief.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 11:13 pm

Fogman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fogman wrote:

I'm of about the same opinion, but I don't care if he'd been a productive member of society or not. As long as he could support himself I'd have no issues. What I don't hold with is the habitual stealing from others. In all that time it's a wonder no one ever shot his ass.