What does it feel like to be in love?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

cato4797
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2017, 7:34 pm

Most of us have emotional blindness What is it like for you to be in love? How do you know when you rarely know what emotions you are having...

Alternatively how do you know when you have feelings for someone?

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Sep 2017, 10:57 pm

You'll identify it pretty clearly when you see the girl you like and you instantly go into tachycardia ;) Might just be me, but when I'm in love with a girl and I see her my heart literally skips a beat. First time it happened I thought I was sick :O

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2017, 12:52 am

For me it's more like when I accept him as he is and I don't want to change him that's when I'm in love.
He is good the way he is even if sometimes I don't like what he does.
Also when I think that I would choose him even if 100 Alexander Skarsgard would queue at my door all wanting me.

onigirias
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2017, 4:09 am

i'd say if thinking about them makes your chest feel tight. that weird squealy feeling. and you feel irrational.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 4:26 am

I don't know because it doesn't exist.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 4:45 am

wanderlust77 wrote:
Also when I think that I would choose him even if 100 Alexander Skarsgard would queue at my door all wanting me.

Don't you even like some diversity?

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 10:35 am

bobchaos wrote:
You'll identify it pretty clearly when you see the girl you like and you instantly go into tachycardia ;) Might just be me, but when I'm in love with a girl and I see her my heart literally skips a beat. First time it happened I thought I was sick :O

^^ pretty much this XD

(I do feel sick when i really like someone; it's quite awful!)

fiber bundle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2017, 3:39 pm

some of the time wonderful, some of the time terrible, and most of the time as rational as my current avatar

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:15 pm

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my husband and he seems perfect for me. Wait, lust feels that way too and there is the honeymoon phase so I would say that feeling never goes away when you are in love.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 9:44 pm

My husband and I are on the spectrum and have been together for almost 25 years. For me, being in love was my desire to see him as much as possible. When it came time to go home, I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay with him.
He used to send me home with small things that belonged to him like his cap or scarf. I knew I loved him when I would borrow my face into his things and cry (on the train). We lived far from each other but managed to meet once a week or every other week depending on work demands. When he proposed, I was in 7th Heaven. Once he even let me fall asleep on his shoulder while watching TV. I drooled all over it and he didn't really mind. :heart: I knew he loved me back by this special little gesture he would do: He gently pinch a piece of flesh on my forearm near my wrist and wiggle it. These are simple gestures of love for simple people like him and me. Now, we scream at each other like dogs. I still love him but I'd swear he hates me (at times). But he always kisses me good night, tells me to pray for him, and tells me he loves me. I do the same for him. So, there you are.

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2017, 12:20 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Once he even let me fall asleep on his shoulder while watching TV. I drooled all over it and he didn't really mind.

That's love right there, cuz there's no way I'd ever let a girl drool all over me unless I'm madly in love with her ;) gross!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Nov 2017, 11:33 pm

I know I love someone when I realize I care about them as much as I care about myself & it's shown in my actions too. I know I have feelings for someone when I feel high thinking about them & go out of my way to spend time with them or look at them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Almost
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

Love is one of those things that is different for everyone as well. So while we have ideas of love and how we think we'd feel when in love, it's really one of those things you "just know" once you're in it and it's hard to fully grasp from the outside

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Nov 2017, 6:28 pm

onigirias wrote:
i'd say if thinking about them makes your chest feel tight. that weird squealy feeling. and you feel irrational.

What she said.