Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

What do you think of the Charlie Rose / Steve Bannon interview?
- Steve was lying 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
- Steve was telling the truth 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
- Steve is full of hooey 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
- Steve Bannon for President! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
- Other (please post) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 9:15 am

If you saw "60 Minutes", Sunday night, and was totally rapt in the Charlie Rose / Steve Bannon interview, I think you might get a totally different perspective, by watching the ENTIRE interview. Charlie Rose presented it on his show, Monday night:

https://charlierose.com/videos/30951?autoplay=true

You'll see how the "60 Minutes" excerpt was so chopped-up, and made to look like Charlie was, sort-of, slammin' Steve (presented that way, for the sensationalism, IMO)----but, the longer interview (above - 50-some minutes) has a very different feel. Steve was NOT argumentative / defensive----and therefore, believable, IMO.

What's YOUR take?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 9:05 pm

It sounds like he was just telling the story he wanted to get out - about the campaign, about the issues that he and other people who helped run it told Trump to hit, and he was trying to assert the importance of certain Clinton issues over others which he felt were particularly salient in Trump's victory.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

/\ Yeah, but who, in a position like he had / has, WOULDN'T want to tell their side of the story----and, for-that-matter, who wouldn't want to hear it?

IMO, it was eye-opening, in that it gave me alot more insight into what really went-on with the campaign, the first months of the new presidency----and, even an insight into alot of the people, in the administration (their thinking / beliefs, and so-forth).

One of the things, that I found quite interesting, was that MAGA was Mr. Trump's (at-the-time) idea (when, I felt SURE that it was Steve Bannon's idea)----and, that Bannon has GREAT respect for General Kelly, and that General Kelly did NOT fire Steve----and that Mitch McConnell was the one who put the quash on "Drain the Swamp"----and, quite frankly, I can see that it IS quite possible that the GOP, itself, is working against President Trump (and, AFAIC, that sheds light on President Trump's recent "deals" [or, attempted deals] with the Dems - IMO, he's telling the GOP: "You don't wanna work with me, fine, then I'll go across the aisle"; and, since President Trump's never been a Republican, in his ENTIRE life, anyway, he might just succeed, that way).

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 6:42 am

...Is the absolute full text of the interview up anywhere? I'd much rather read it than listen to it, it takes so much less time.
I had a page that appeared to put the full transcript up but I lost it and I never could find it again :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 6:58 am

I couldn't sit through the whole thing, but from what I saw I agree that it did NOT seem like Rose and Bannon were being confrontational to each other. Rose was doing his job of asking the right questions, and Bannon was quite eager to talk about the workings of the Trump campaign (even being a bit boastful about his masterful engineering of it).