I have a question for male feminists

Page 1 of 9 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 334

13 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

If you claim that you don't see women as sex objects or feel like they owe you sex, why do you get offended when a MRA says "not all men are like that" when apparently you're a man and you are "not like that"?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,898
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Sep 2017, 9:58 am

I don't get offended when a MRA says that "not all men are like that."

Because not all men "are like that."

I do get offended by some things that MRA's say, though.

I feel everybody should have equal rights under the law.



Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,857
Location: NH

13 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

Over the years I've come to realize rights should be earned, not given. we have people living here, without citizenship and not paying taxes, that somehow get a lot of the same things we do or more. Bottom line, if you're not paying taxes and have not served in the military, I think that should be the standard to get to vote in the US.


_________________
About suffering they were never wrong,
The Old Masters: how well they understood
Its human position; how it takes place
While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,898
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm

I haven't served in the military, like most men.

I have the right to vote.



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,670
Location: The end of the northwest passage

13 Sep 2017, 12:45 pm

An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


_________________
A fish in water doesn't know it's wet


Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 334

13 Sep 2017, 1:00 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


Okay, what stuff offends you?



Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 740
Location: Sweden

13 Sep 2017, 1:03 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


From what I've observed from some of your post, you do the exact same thing.



Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2015
Age: 117
Posts: 1,444

13 Sep 2017, 1:11 pm

I don't think there's all that many men on this site who get outraged at the phrase "not all men".



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,670
Location: The end of the northwest passage

13 Sep 2017, 1:13 pm

Aaendi wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


Okay, what stuff offends you?


Mostly the small-sample bias and other abuse of science and statistics to justify sexism. Simple and false explanations bug me with the way they spread. I've come to expect the mischaracterizations.


_________________
A fish in water doesn't know it's wet


jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,670
Location: The end of the northwest passage

13 Sep 2017, 1:16 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


From what I've observed from some of your post, you do the exact same thing.


It's true that I've flown off the handle a few times. Let's see you admit to a mistake.


_________________
A fish in water doesn't know it's wet


Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,239
Location: The Vile Belt

13 Sep 2017, 1:30 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


From what I've observed from some of your post, you do the exact same thing.


He does. He especially went after me when I didn't walk in lock step with him and tried to tell me how to live my life but he can just keep dreaming.



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,670
Location: The end of the northwest passage

13 Sep 2017, 1:40 pm

Marknis wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


From what I've observed from some of your post, you do the exact same thing.


He does. He especially went after me when I didn't walk in lock step with him and tried to tell me how to live my life but he can just keep dreaming.


Two months ago, I expressed dismay at your bigotry. You seem committed to it. Sorry I couldn't accept it immediately, but I accept it now. Don't get over it if you prefer not. I'm not telling you what to do with your time.


_________________
A fish in water doesn't know it's wet


Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,239
Location: The Vile Belt

13 Sep 2017, 1:55 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
An MRA will generally make grandiose, insulting, and inaccurate characterizations of my statements and intentions. They consistently fail or refuse to acknowledge the things which actually offend me, in favor of their rigid and narrow world view.

I don't feel surprised to read this question with its false premise.


From what I've observed from some of your post, you do the exact same thing.


He does. He especially went after me when I didn't walk in lock step with him and tried to tell me how to live my life but he can just keep dreaming.


Two months ago, I expressed dismay at your bigotry. You seem committed to it. Sorry I couldn't accept it immediately, but I accept it now. Don't get over it if you prefer not. I'm not telling you what to do with your time.


What bigotry? Just because I dislike SJWs does not make me a homophobe or racist or sexist.



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,670
Location: The end of the northwest passage

13 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm

I'm not going to play if we can't stay on topic. However, given the thread so far, dialogue between male feminists and MRAs will probably go nowhere.

A basic concept in probability is the random draw. Each encounter with a woman, a male feminist, an MRA, or even a regular person is a random draw. Statistics predict nothing about them individually.

That doesn't even get into the kinds of measurements which people try to treat as statistics, like their personal experience.


_________________
A fish in water doesn't know it's wet


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 27,434
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

13 Sep 2017, 2:49 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
Over the years I've come to realize rights should be earned, not given. we have people living here, without citizenship and not paying taxes, that somehow get a lot of the same things we do or more. Bottom line, if you're not paying taxes and have not served in the military, I think that should be the standard to get to vote in the US.


I am pretty sure only citizens can vote.

Also non-citizens can't get on tax funded welfare programs, if that is what you mean by them getting a lot of the same things we do or more...that is actually a myth.

Also you think you should have to serve in the military to be able to vote as a U.S citizen? I think that is B.S, for one the military won't necessarily accept everyone who wants to join and also its not for everyone...not having been in the military hardly makes one a lesser citizen.


_________________
It's the end of the world,
And a happy end of the world....to you.
-The Ghost of Lemora- another band I really like.