I have a question for male feminists

Page 6 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 5:29 pm

I'll leave it to third parties to go back and note my obvious confusion about his sudden change of topic.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 6:08 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I'll leave it to third parties to go back and note my obvious confusion about his sudden change of topic.

And yet you do the same about "bigots". You also keep being passive aggressive about calling me one but fail to produce any evidence of me being one. I've never stated I hated women or anything like that. Until you can prove (which you won't) that I am a "bigot" or admit you can't, I will not stop replying.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 6:15 pm

So you intend to harass me into changing my opinion?

I accused you of bigotry. That doesn't mean I think you're a bigot all the time. Do you imagine that people have only one aspect? I don't. As your notable traits go, a tendency to make bigoted comments wouldn't even break the top ten. If you imagine that I only think of you as a bigot, or primarily think of you as a bigot, or even regularly think of you as a bigot, it could not be further from the truth.

Your single-minded persistence does impress me. Have you ever considered using your powers for good?

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 6:54 pm

Was I oppressed because I was homeschooled? No one even had the opportunity to raise their hands then. Where are my welfare checks?

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:06 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
Was I oppressed because I was homeschooled? No one even had the opportunity to raise their hands then. Where are my welfare checks?

Everyone has a case against their mom.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:29 pm

Or teachers who happen to pick some students and not others. I really feel for these terribly neglected children. Kids like Anne Frank would probably be glad to know they didn't have to deal with this kind of treatment. :roll:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
Or teachers who happen to pick some students and not others. I really feel for these terribly neglected children. Kids like Anne Frank would probably be glad to know they didn't have to deal with this kind of treatment. :roll:

You're right about Anne Frank. A similarly disabled kid in a poor family in a poor country would feel better to have a private tutor. Life is not a zero sum game. By getting her that private tutor, Anne Frank's parents did the entire world a favor, and disabled people in particular. Maybe even that kid in the poor country.

This argument is about institutional sexism, the repeated exposure to which constitutes abuse. Ask any psychologist about the effects of random punishment that has no relationship to what the animal does.

I'm not talking about my personal experience in the classroom here. There are lots of studies on this topic. The researcher who first chose to study this picked a great statistical equation. It has one variable of principal interest, for starters: Whom does the teacher call on to answer? If that's all you want to know, then adjusting for the number of boys vs. girls who raise their hands, the ratio of boys to girls in the class, etc. becomes simple. The data becomes really easy to analyze, so you can easily find lots of studies on different areas of this topic, depending on your journal access, or even with none.

I'm sick of searching up studies for people who don't even bother to read the quotes. There's a gem in the first one, and no one in the MRA crowd even bothered to read the entire two paragraphs. I post a study that smacks feminist orthodoxy in the face, and no one even notices.

If I wrote in response to that crew with the hope that they were seriously paying attention, I'd really feel like a schmuck. However, knowing that neutral third parties will read my methodical demolition of the asshattery in various posts around here makes me feel okay about bothering with replying to it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 8:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This fight is so boring...

Keep trotting out the same tired nonsense, get the same reply. You should know this pattern by now. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 3:59 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
So you intend to harass me into changing my opinion?

I accused you of bigotry. That doesn't mean I think you're a bigot all the time. Do you imagine that people have only one aspect? I don't. As your notable traits go, a tendency to make bigoted comments wouldn't even break the top ten. If you imagine that I only think of you as a bigot, or primarily think of you as a bigot, or even regularly think of you as a bigot, it could not be further from the truth.

Your single-minded persistence does impress me. Have you ever considered using your powers for good?

The way you said "f**k bigots" and said how I expressed bigotry made it look like you were throwing me in the same grouping. I will admit a major issue I struggle with is extreme thinking. I also wasn't being impeccable with my word earlier.

I used to really want to present a new voice or atleast have a unique one that could shine through the muck of conformity that plagues the Bible Belt. Instead, I was shot down and ripped apart by people like my older brother.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 4:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
^^^Don't mind Boo, jrjones. He's just trying to stir the pot. He's actually fairly harmless.

He's fairly harmless to me, but he and his boot-lickers create a toxic atmosphere in L&D. I can't count the number of female feminists who have left because of him. That crew may not want to date a feminist, but I do. By harming those women to the point where they leave, he hurts my chances.

Truthfully, I actually like Boo and find him to be pretty funny and smart about certain things, but if someone could show me a single person who has benefited romantically from any of his dating advice, I would eat my own hat. :lol: Taking a clown seriously is a mistake.

Uh-oh...

Well, yes some men did, by teaching them to stop being lapdogs, so....it's time for you to eat your Fedora hat!

You can add mayo to it.

Not quite. Discouraging people from romance is not the kind of benefit I was referring to.......

What I'd prefer is to be shown one person on this forum who is now in a happy romantic relationship thanks (at least in part) to the deluge of advice you've dispensed over the years.

Have the person(s) PM me with the specific advice you gave them that helped them successfully find love.

The hat is seasoned and prepared. All I need is the name. Should be easy enough for a Lebanese Love Guru like yourself........

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 1:42 pm

>Be happy
>Be in a relationship

Pick one.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:52 pm

Boo gives advice ? 0.o

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:06 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
>Be happy
>Be in a relationship

Pick one.

So, you've chosen to remain single, when will you chose to be happy?
The two aren't actually mutually exclusive. I'm sorry you've managed to convince yourself otherwise.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:33 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
>Be happy
>Be in a relationship

Pick one.

So, you've chosen to remain single, when will you chose to be happy?
The two aren't actually mutually exclusive. I'm sorry you've managed to convince yourself otherwise.

^^^This

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:43 am

sly279 wrote:
Boo gives advice ? 0.o

I give free cookies too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:59 am

Geekonychus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
^^^Don't mind Boo, jrjones. He's just trying to stir the pot. He's actually fairly harmless.

He's fairly harmless to me, but he and his boot-lickers create a toxic atmosphere in L&D. I can't count the number of female feminists who have left because of him. That crew may not want to date a feminist, but I do. By harming those women to the point where they leave, he hurts my chances.

Truthfully, I actually like Boo and find him to be pretty funny and smart about certain things, but if someone could show me a single person who has benefited romantically from any of his dating advice, I would eat my own hat. :lol: Taking a clown seriously is a mistake.

Uh-oh...

Well, yes some men did, by teaching them to stop being lapdogs, so....it's time for you to eat your Fedora hat!

You can add mayo to it.

Not quite. Discouraging people from romance is not the kind of benefit I was referring to.......

What I'd prefer is to be shown one person on this forum who is now in a happy romantic relationship thanks (at least in part) to the deluge of advice you've dispensed over the years.

Have the person(s) PM me with the specific advice you gave them that helped them successfully find love.

The hat is seasoned and prepared. All I need is the name. Should be easy enough for a Lebanese Love Guru like yourself........

mark, been married with 'abaisse' who's another wp user for years for now, details are private tho, even for pm.